Credit Cards - Posted by Dennis Davis

Posted by Rob FL on December 29, 1999 at 13:35:40:

Any company that offers: 1) No annual fee and 2) Low interest rate.

Some of the big players are First USA, Citibank, Capital One, and Bank of America. There are also some who give you rebates and discounts. For those try Ford, GMAC, Shell, Discover.

Credit Cards - Posted by Dennis Davis

Posted by Dennis Davis on December 29, 1999 at 09:40:55:

Up until now i have not applied nor received any credit cards.This has been due to some companies trying fast ones on us.i am going to apply and try to secure several cards over the next few days,as i will be using them only for my investing in real estate.I tend to pay cash for all my immediate needs,no matter how long it usually takes.I would appreciate any help in finding out which companies it would be best to contact for these cards.

Re: Credit Cards - Posted by chris

Posted by chris on December 31, 1999 at 17:30:25:

If you are having problems keeping track-do this.

If you were going to buy something that you have the cash on hand to pay for use the credit card instead. Keep the money in the bank. As soon as you get home write a check for the amount on the receipt and send it off immediately. Doing this will avoid interest charges. Only buy what you can afford with cash. You will build a good history with the issuer and the credit line will increase. Just get the address from the credit card issuer to send payments.

Re: Credit Cards - Posted by Dennis Davis

Posted by Dennis Davis on December 29, 1999 at 16:14:23:

Thank you both for your opinions.I will be contacting these companies by tomorrow…we will see if they will give me cards to advance my credit a lot more than it is now

Re: Credit Cards - Posted by Blane (MI)

Posted by Blane (MI) on December 29, 1999 at 14:26:54:

You could try MBNA and Discover for a low initial rate (I currently have 3.9%), or Quicken (4.9 or 5.9%). I would avoid First USA, because they have a 2 or 3 percent fee on balance transfers and credit access checks. Just my humble opinion.

Good luck

Blane (MI)