credit repair agencies - Posted by Peggy

Posted by michaela-ATL on November 10, 2005 at 15:56:50:

It’s not correct, that most inquiries come off within 90 days. They stay for 2 years, but the older they are the less they count.

Michaela

credit repair agencies - Posted by Peggy

Posted by Peggy on November 08, 2005 at 20:39:04:

I saw a group speak tonight on credit repair. I have good credit, but I was amazed and the differences in interest rates charged even between a 720 and a 780. Has anyone successfully used a credit repair agency and if so, who? My main desire is to have the inquiries removed to bump my scores.

Re: credit repair agencies - Posted by Pat

Posted by Pat on November 10, 2005 at 19:52:30:

We’ve done our own credit repair and have successfully gotten erroneous info off our reports. We use a local source who also manages our properties for us. She works with our tenant/ buyers to clean up their ratings by removing wrong info and also by entering positive info associated with their status as tenants. Usually within 6 months the scores are good ernough to enable them to buy our property. In this way we have a steady line of buyers waiting for our deals. Yeah…it works.

Re: credit repair agencies - Posted by michaela-ATL

Posted by michaela-ATL on November 09, 2005 at 03:21:47:

Peggy,

You can get ‘Bumpage’ (getting rid of inquiries) this way:

Sign up for www.truecredit.com and pull your reports every day. That will create a soft inquiry. Since the
cra computer system is only set up for a certain number of total inquiries, the inquiries will add up and once that ‘magic’ number is reached the old inquiries will start falling off with every new soft inquiry added. This goes for Trans union and Equifax.

For Experian go to www.annualcreditreport.com, which gives you a free credit report, BUT Experian has a glitch - it allows you to keep pulling reports every day.

Stay away from those credit repair companies. Nobody cares about your credit like you to. To learn more go to www.creditboards.com and read the disccussionboard. You’d be amazed.

Michaela

Re: credit repair agencies - Posted by Robert

Posted by Robert on November 08, 2005 at 22:45:00:

I have recommended mycreditgroup.com to any of my borrowers. I have found them to be the best at the best prices. Another good one is Lexington Law Firm.
Inquiries are going to be difficult to remove, because in many cases, lenders and creditors have found a little loophole that allows them to do it even without your permission or knowledge. If you decide to check out mycreditgroup, contact Marc and he will be happy to talk to you more about it

Has anyone tried this??? - Posted by Credit Question

Posted by Credit Question on November 09, 2005 at 11:40:08:

I can’t imagine this actually works. Ya, maybe you can get inquiries off of there, what what about the other stuff like late payments that’s keeping your score down???

Re: credit repair agencies - Posted by Rich

Posted by Rich on June 09, 2006 at 20:30:08:

Ok now I used lexington and am currently still using mycreditgroup.com

Lexington I could have sworn was trying to screw up my credit report. Have to agree with Peggy, Mycreditgroup.com has done wonderful so far.

Re: Has anyone tried this??? - Posted by michaela-ATL

Posted by michaela-ATL on November 09, 2005 at 11:48:22:

The question was about inquiries and that’s the trick to take care of those. Other things you can learn a lot of that stuff at creditboards and creditinfocenter.com

Michaela

Re: Has anyone tried this??? - Posted by wareia

Posted by wareia on November 10, 2005 at 13:50:44:

Although most inquiries come off anyway after 90 days, this is a technic that we have used for years with our clients. Yes, it works and it’s kind of been the dirty little secret of the Credit Correction Business for years.