Credit Repair Help - Posted by Denise

Posted by enrique on February 21, 2002 at 08:36:03:

I was wondering if you might share how the ‘Opt-Out’ proceedure works. Is there a website that can go into more detail? Thanks for the info. That could really help!

Enrique B. Romano

Credit Repair Help - Posted by Denise

Posted by Denise on February 20, 2002 at 20:28:39:

I have gotten an overwhelming response on the subject of “how to repair credit.” I would like to suggest to anyone who would like to repair their credit without the help of an outside source to visit “planetloan.com.” I am not a credit expert and hold no financial interest in this site but, the information on this site about credit repair has done nothing but helped me. Good Luck! Denise

Re: Credit Repair Help - Posted by JohnP SFL

Posted by JohnP SFL on February 21, 2002 at 07:26:28:

Denise,
Yes you are right there is a lot of usefull information on that site. One thing they don’t tell you is how to Opt-Out? This is where you block your credit file. This stops people from looking at your file to see if you a candidate for a credit card. No, they don’t need your permission. 5 points comes off your credit score everytime someone does this.I had one client (RE Investor) who had 20 inquires. He did have a 700 credit score. He ended up with a 600 score. The inquires take two years to come off. I do agree with you that a person can clean up there credit on their own. I can also defend myself in court! I have investigated my own credit report and tried to take any negative information off. I have also work with a company that does credit repair. I find it much easier for the repair company to do the repair. They can challenge the reports with over 330 laws which I don’t know. I don’t waste my time calling the three agencies and waiting for someone to answer.What is my time worth? Yes, I agree that someone can repair their own credit to a certain extent. I find that a credit repair company can do it faster and more efficiently then a person can who dosen’t know the laws and doesn’t know how to deal with the reporting agencies. I do have a book with the laws. Great reading material if you can’t sleep at night, it will definately put you to sleep.

JohnP SFL

Re: Credit Repair Help - Posted by Joe Hardy

Posted by Joe Hardy on February 21, 2002 at 04:30:47:

I took a look at that site and it is really helpful. Lots of FREE information.

Re: Credit Repair Help - Posted by evelyn

Posted by evelyn on February 20, 2002 at 21:12:29:

thank you!!!

I will certainly be checking it out.

evelyn