CREOnline convention...missing everyone - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Robert (NC) on February 25, 2000 at 12:36:12:

Looks like we’ll have to rely on ourselves for now, or join a co-dependency group. Next year will be OUR year, you can count on it. For now just remember, there is still a lot left to do in REI. I’ll be persuing deals the without the benefit of going to the convention for now, you know, that way I’ll always have that ability to rely on when things get hard. He He

Robert

CREOnline convention…missing everyone - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on February 24, 2000 at 21:21:13:

Doesn’t it just drive you nuts knowing they’re all talkin’ REI, drinkin’ a cold one, right this minute!? As Charlie Brown would say…AAAARRRGGGGGHHHHH!

(smile)

Stacy

Same as last year - Posted by JJ

Posted by JJ on February 27, 2000 at 15:56:35:

Same as last year I bet

Re: CREOnline convention…missing everyone - Posted by Mark

Posted by Mark on February 25, 2000 at 18:29:19:

Well, I got 5 calls today and 2 of them look like a deal. What if I were in Atlanta? I guess there are 2 sides to every story.

Sound like a good time to deal (nt) - Posted by Glenn OH

Posted by Glenn OH on February 25, 2000 at 16:16:30:

nt

(They?re) gone but not forgotten… - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on February 25, 2000 at 09:26:45:

Maybe we?ll all make it (to the convention) next year guys! At least I have my birthday on Sunday (27th) to keep me occupied this weekend. The gang threw me a bash (at work) today to celebrate! (balloons, presents, the works!) They are a great bunch (as are, all of YOU!!)

Glad Brian touched base so that we know what is going on in conventionland. Talk later?

Susie

Re: CREOnline convention…Greetings from Atlanta - Posted by B.L.Renfrow

Posted by B.L.Renfrow on February 24, 2000 at 22:30:33:

Well, only had ONE cold one so far…and haven’t seen anyone I know…but wait, I don’t know ANYONE here by face, only by name! Oh well, I’m sure that will change over the next few days. I got down here later than planned today…just enough energy left to find some dinner and hit the pillow any minute now. Gotta make it to breakfast in the morning!

I missed my flight out today, thanks to Lonnie! OK, not really, but thought I’d stop by a MH which is empty pending sale, on my way to the airport, just to make sure the furnace we had to install last week was working…dead as a doornail. AAARRGH!

Missed my flight by 5 minutes…agent says, “They’re pulling the jetway in a couple minutes.” Me: “Uh…the gate’s a 60 second walk from here.” Agent: “Well, they’re not gonna wait.” Me: “#$%&*#”

But, I made it only a few hours later than planned. Can’t wait for tomorrow!

Brian (NY)

Couldn’t agree more!! Sure is quiet in here. - Posted by Corey (ND)

Posted by Corey (ND) on February 24, 2000 at 22:27:18:

I agree on being there next year! Maybe someone will check on us and give us a report from the convention.

Re: CREOnline convention…missing everyone - Posted by Justin-IL

Posted by Justin-IL on February 24, 2000 at 22:22:52:

I feel you on this one…I was just thinking the same thing earlier… :frowning:

Next year for sure…

Justin

Not a problem - Posted by Brandi_TX

Posted by Brandi_TX on February 28, 2000 at 14:24:02:

Considering that there were a few people that handled calls just like that from Atlanta, I guess that means that there is a way to overcome any obstacle.

Take care,
Brandi_TX

Re: (They?re) gone but not forgotten… - Posted by Shenesa

Posted by Shenesa on February 25, 2000 at 10:23:56:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUE!!!
I celebrated my 31st on the 16th and looking forward to achieving some of my goals this year.

I know what you mean! It almost feels like its a holiday and I’m at school in my dorm. While everyone else went home to celebrate the holdiays, I had to stay behind due to my job.

What a lonely feeling. ILLLLLLLLL!!!:frowning:

Re: Thanks, Brian! Give us another update tomorrow. (nt) - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on February 24, 2000 at 23:19:59:

Re: Couldn’t agree more!! Sure is quiet in here. - Posted by Rob (N.Cal)

Posted by Rob (N.Cal) on February 25, 2000 at 21:18:16:

I am hoping to attend the next convention. Hopefully, it is on the west coast, or Las Vegas. If so, I am definitely going…

Rob

P.S. Too busy making money and hopefully, purchase a house, or two before the next convention.

Re: Couldn’t agree more!! Atlanta first day was great - Posted by Bob Hanson

Posted by Bob Hanson on February 25, 2000 at 17:54:54:

Well folks,
This is my first RE convention and so far it has been GREAT !!! I’m so glad I took the plunge and came. Terry and JP are running things very well and Robert Kiyosaki was very interesting and took the time from his busy schedule to autograph his book and his CASHFLOW games (can’t wait to get back home and give his CASH FLOW for KIDS game to my kids) and he took the time to chat with a bunch of us. What an encouraging and positive guy!!! Lisa Moren was so energetic, I won’t need caffeine for a week just listening to her. She gave lot of “nuts and bolts” property management and marketing advice. She also took the time to chat with us after her session. Lonnie was a funny. I met him and Joanne yesterday in John Behle’s seminar. What nice people. Jaws were dropping as he went through his hints and tips and showed the yields he was getting on his MH deals (I think I’m going to try one when I get home just for the heck of it … and because he encouraged us to post on the forum when we did it). He had some great jokes to lighten up the talk, I can’t wait to see him at the dinner/dance tonight if he has a few drinks in him. I also liked the fact that he had some “life” messages about taking some time from making money to enjoy life with your family and about giving back something to help the newbies. In fact it was a great feeling to be able to help some new people myself chatting during breaks. Definitely something for everyone at each knowledge level. Some interesting vendor exhibits and of course nice convention discounts on the speaker’s packages.
Well, gotta go get ready for the dinner/dance and network a bit. I’ve already made a few contacts that more than paid the cost of the convention and DAY 1 isn’t even over yet. The great group of people that post here are even more fun in person and it’s great to associate a face with them finally.

Take care, wish more of you were here, maybe next year …

Bob Hanson (the Bob H in Hyde Park, NY)