Criminal/Background Searches? - Posted by Jonathan

Posted by Rob FL on December 05, 1999 at 18:50:19:

If your county recording office is online, many counties record all convictions. This would be something local. Ask you local recording office.

Many credit bureaus also offer criminal background searches. I joined a local one that offers this service. Check your yellow pages.

Criminal/Background Searches? - Posted by Jonathan

Posted by Jonathan on December 04, 1999 at 21:38:01:

Does anyone know of a good site that I could do a background search such as criminal/etc

thanks
Jonathan

Re: Criminal/Background Searches? - Posted by Jim IL

Posted by Jim IL on December 06, 1999 at 14:06:04:

Jonathan,
If you simply want to check local convictions and arrests, they are public info and FREE to access.
Just goto your local county courthouse and find the “Circuit court clerks office”.
Once there, ask the staff “How” to look up files, and records.
Most have computers, and data bases where you can see limited info in a file. Then, when you located that info, you can pull the actual files and read them.
In my county, all files older than 1 year are on microfilm, and you can view that as well.

So, once you have the information on your subject, and access to the clerk computer, just do a data base seacrh using the persons name (s), D.O.B., SS#, Addresses if you know them.
Look at all of those, since one conviction may be listed un “John Doe” and another may be listed to “John A. Doe.”
This way you can see them all.

This will take some time, but if you have that, it is free.
When I get a whole slew of rental apps to run, I usually just have my service do the criminal checks, it is more cost effective. But for just one or two, I’ll do them myself.

Hope this helps,
Jim IL