CS & creative techniques will not work for California - Posted by David (Irvine)

Posted by Sy Brahim on June 23, 1999 at 22:31:38:

To: Gerard J. Bonal
One of best ways to flip fast is to contact your local real estate investment club - they usually have members willing to buy for the intention of renting it out.

CS & creative techniques will not work for California - Posted by David (Irvine)

Posted by David (Irvine) on February 23, 1999 at 08:04:08:

I am having hard times being investor. I am from Soviet country and my english is not good. At my engineer job they help me fix my writings. I work very hard. No techniques or books work here. I think my english is not to good to be investor. Do any of you have good ideas for me

Re: CS & creative techniques will not work for California - Posted by Don Brotherton

Posted by Don Brotherton on March 16, 1999 at 13:54:57:

My advice to you is, if you can’t speak the language then get the hell out of the country.

Re: CS & creative techniques - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on February 27, 1999 at 02:55:51:

David:

Here’s a suggestion for you. Go to the top of this page where it says “Search”. Type in the words “Tim Conde”.

The search will return 100+ posts either by or mentioning Tim Conde’s name. Tim is an investor in California who has posted numerous times regarding his success with Carlton Sheets techniques in California. Perhaps reading these posts will give you a few ideas.

There is no question that having good English skills is important to success as an investor. The good news is that many people non-English speaking people have preceded you, and have managed to obtain the language skills and investor skills necessary for success.

It’s going to take alot of work on your part. The only question is whether you’re up to the task. The only thing that can stop you is you yourself.

JPiper

Re: CS & creative techniques will not work for California - Posted by RS

Posted by RS on February 24, 1999 at 11:18:16:

Hi David:

I am not a California investor, but in the many months I’ve been viewing this site, I have seen many, many posts from sucessful California investors. And I know they would argue that the CS techniques work! Having said that, I can appreciate the difficulty in practicing Sheet’s buy and hold strategies in an area where rents aren’t high enough to cover mortgage and expenses. But don’t worry! There are other ways to make money in this business. Something that works virtually everywhere is buying and controlling properties by lease optioning and/or quick flipping. Carleton Sheet’s barely scratches the surface on these topics. For detailed information read Jackie’s articles in the “how to” section on quick flipping. Then read all the articles on lease optioning. And if you really want to learn these techniques fast, buy a course available on this site.IT IS MONEY WELL SPENT! I’m just finishing the Ron Legrand course called “Fast Cash With Quick Turn Real Estate”. It’s fantastic and will work anywhere homes are for sale. I know I’ll be able to go out and immediately profit from my new knowledge. You will recoup the cost of any course you buy on your first deal. It’s that simple.

Having a poor command of english can be a real drawback! In fact you’re probably better off for now spending your hard earned money on english courses, because when you get right down to it, this business is about people and communicating with them. But you can also turn your native language into a real asset! Think of all of the Soviet immigrants who need housing. It’s a problem for them that you are qualified to solve. Learn english but turn your native tongue into an asset that most of us don’t have!

Good luck to you!
RS

Turn it into an advantage - Posted by Carol

Posted by Carol on February 28, 1999 at 06:22:03:

I once had a friend who moved here from Europe. He was selling houses to build ‘on your lot’, and started with very little English, and a background as a biochemist.

He was sincere in his presentations, and people LISTENED very intently to what he was saying because they HAD to in order to understand! Not only that, they ended up ‘helping’ - you know, suggesting words to fill in the blanks when he couldn’t find the one he needed, etc.
Another thought - you may find a ‘niche’ in dealing with other of your former countrymen whose interests do not lie in REI… or who are already successful investors, willing to help you get started.
Make it work FOR you - not against you.
Good luck!
Carol

Re: CS & creative techniques will not work for California - Posted by David

Posted by David on February 25, 1999 at 03:53:31:

If so many investors do good in California why they do not post

Re: Turn it into an advantage - Posted by George Chaney

Posted by George Chaney on June 15, 1999 at 22:05:24:

I paid over $900.00 for the course from William J. McCorkle on May 7, 1997 is there a chance of me getting
any money back?
George Chaney

Re: Turn it into an advantage - Posted by Gerard J. Bonal

Posted by Gerard J. Bonal on March 20, 1999 at 17:57:03:

Carol-

I live in Santa Fe, N.M. and- I’m trying to flip properties with no-money down and plus I’m wondering what do I put in Carleton Sheets Contract of the “Initial Deposit”- and- will CS contract work for flipping properties and if it does where do i find a buyer ???

Re: Turn it into an advantage - Posted by Gerard J. Bonal

Posted by Gerard J. Bonal on March 20, 1999 at 17:24:51:

Carol-
Lets say I find a house that I want to flip- how do I go about it with Carlton Sheets contact- with no-money down,-And- what do I write down for the “Initial Contract” and where do i find a buyer???
Gerard J. Bonal

Re: CS & creative techniques will not work for California - Posted by RS

Posted by RS on February 25, 1999 at 13:35:16:

David:
They do post. How long have you been looking at this site? Not long ago a Californian posted a challenge to investors in Ca.(this was on news group 1) The person said he’d go out and find a prospective deal, and then challenge an investor to come, work the deal and close it. For this he would give the investor a fee. Several California investors wrote back and asked why they should waste their time working this deal for a fee when they had many more lucrative deals of their own to work. Good point.

I took a nice chunck of my time responding to your post because it sounded like you needed encouragement. The cynical tone with which you responded tells me you probably won’t make a good investor. Negative attitudes need not apply…Good luck none the less
RS