curious newbie - Posted by roddie

Posted by Rich-CA on June 19, 2007 at 23:19:35:

Legal, yes. Honest? Well, just how are they going to get paid for their time? Unlikely the investor will be using their services, so once they catch on, you won’t have a Realtor to use any longer.

curious newbie - Posted by roddie

Posted by roddie on June 19, 2007 at 20:56:34:

Hello my name is roddie,i was wondering if it’s legal to seek for a realtor to assist me for leads when im bird dogging for an investor ? i figure a realtor already has propertys that’s been analyzed( due diligence )which takes the guess work out for me.hope to hear back from someone asap thank you.

They are correct… - Posted by Berno

Posted by Berno on June 20, 2007 at 07:09:36:

Realtors call their best clients as soon as a great deal is about to hit the market. My realtor called me once and I ended up having a property locked up before the listing even broke. There are good deals to be had on the MLS but you have to do the research to find them.

If the investor is buying and the realtor finds the properties, what value do you add to the mix? (rhetorical)

-Berno

Re: curious newbie - Posted by dealmaker

Posted by dealmaker on June 20, 2007 at 06:28:02:

What in the world would make you think that anything you find through a Realtor would already have had due diligence performed on it? Realtors are about the least qualified to do that.

IMO any Realtor worth his/her salt has enough investors on their speed dial that on anything that’s even close to a good deal they’ll have a couple of them trulyinterested while the listing is still “in pocket”.

dealmaker