Customer Survey - Some Feedback Please - Posted by William Bronchick

Posted by William Bronchick on September 20, 2003 at 09:50:04:

I recently paid $300 for a continuing legal education seminar on audio CD. The speaker was boring, the audio quality was weak, and, worst of all, NO FAST-FORWARD.

If we go CD’s, it will be broken up and labeled into tracks with topics listed on the CD face.

Customer Survey - Some Feedback Please - Posted by William Bronchick

Posted by William Bronchick on September 19, 2003 at 17:22:27:

First, I’d like to say thanks to all of my current customers who have purchased my materials over the years… I appreciate your business and your feedback.

I am considering revising the packaging on my products and was interested in some existing (and potential) customer thoughts…

1. Which is more preferrable, a perfect-bound course manual or a 3-ring binder?

2. Is videotape useful, or would you rather pay a little less and have just audio?

3. Which do you prefer, audio cassette or CD? (please answer this Q only if you have the ability to play BOTH - if you have only a CD player in your car, then your response will “skew” the results)

Thanks in advance!

Re: Customer Survey - Some Feedback Please - Posted by Brad Crouch

Posted by Brad Crouch on September 22, 2003 at 14:44:16:

1. 3-ring binder - lays flat and is easy to update.

2. Videotape is useful - more likely to view entire videotape than listen to entire audio tape. With videotape I don’t allow interruptions.

3. I prefer CDs to audio tapes.

Brad

Binder; don’t care about video; CD. - NTXT - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on September 22, 2003 at 01:43:50:

Re: Customer Survey - Some Feedback Please - Posted by DavidV

Posted by DavidV on September 21, 2003 at 12:48:02:

I would prefer the 3 ring binder as it enables one to take pages out or add in references.

I could do without the videos. They are nice but if it reduced the price i would rather have the price reduction.

I have cd and cassette in my in-home stereo and prefer cd’s. My vehicle is cd only.

Re: Customer Survey - Some Feedback Please - Posted by JT-FL

Posted by JT-FL on September 21, 2003 at 11:56:58:

(1) 3 Ring
(2) audio
(3) audio

Course content is universally excellent. However, I would prefer a one-on-one format, more of a mentor/student relationship rather than the more free-for-all environment of the recorded session with the obligatory inaudible questions from the audience, which are not always relevent.

Re: Customer Survey - Some Feedback Please - Posted by Phil

Posted by Phil on September 21, 2003 at 24:06:09:

I have a few videos that have never been watched or only half watched. They are a waste in my opinion, even with visual aids.
Why not offer the option of cd or cassette when ordering? Which ever, some type of audio is good.
Bound courses are OK, but the preference is a 3-ring binder. It’s easy to add pages for notes.
What kinda break do we get for taking a CD, with course materials, that can be printed out and bound at my expense?

Re: Customer Survey - Some Feedback Please - Posted by anna

Posted by anna on September 20, 2003 at 22:04:06:

bound case
video tapes
no pref for cassette/cd

Re: Customer Survey - Some Feedback Please - Posted by Bryan

Posted by Bryan on September 20, 2003 at 15:30:36:

I have your land trust course and got it 2 years ago because of price and your reputation on this board. My preferences are
3 ring binder
CD
no need for video unless visual aids are relevant.

But the best would be a digital downloadable format or perhaps a password-accessable website. Speedy, convinient, and inexpensive are what sell me on these products.

Re: Customer Survey - Some Feedback Please - Posted by Gary

Posted by Gary on September 20, 2003 at 10:49:37:

I have some of you items also. GREAT.

3 ring keep. User friendly. Format is user friendly and practical. Copy forms as needed is great.

Go with cd,s

Most people have this method of playback. Not everyone is computer (mp-3 and other) savy. Not everyone wants to have to buy a new cd player for mp-3 mode.

An 60 year old is not going to get into the latest gagetry and other. The older people do not want to nor adapt well to the new technologies that abound.

Keep It Simple. Appeal to the masses.

Maybe offer audio tapes and video tapes as an option to the cd’s and/or in addition to the cd’s for extra cost ???

Maybe not enough customers to make this an option unless you can record these on the fly in a “as needed” situation. Again cost vs practical. ??
Only you know.

Better yet, do like some music cd’s and have the cd’s that play in a regular car and home cd player for the audio but also play the video on a home player.
Best of both worlds. This appeals to more customers (ie more sales)and may be more cost effective for you and maybe cheaper for the customer (more sales).
I love this one.

Have to weight the cost vs current method to see if practical. Of course you all know this. Econ 101.

Re: Customer Survey - Some Feedback Please - Posted by B.L.Renfrow

Posted by B.L.Renfrow on September 20, 2003 at 10:05:22:

Bill, I’m glad to see you are working on making your excellent products even better!

I prefer the three-ring binders.

Personally, I find the videos to be superfluous, and I wouldn’t miss them.

MP3 (preferred) and/or indexed CDs would be the way to go.

Thanks for asking for our input.

Brian (NY)

Re: Customer Survey - Some Feedback Please - Posted by Randy

Posted by Randy on September 20, 2003 at 09:40:57:

I too own several of your programs, excellent material ? Thank you.

1. 3-ring binder (as previously mentioned ability to take segments out to carry with you).
  2. Video vs. just audio, consider DVD or CD Rom vs. VCR (time coded, played on PC, home/office TV even portable CD player.
  3. CD vs. audio cassette (same reason as above).

Considering advancements in the audio video industry VCR and cassette tapes will soon go the way of Beta Max and 8-tracks.

Re: Customer Survey - Some Feedback Please - Posted by RichV(FL)

Posted by RichV(FL) on September 20, 2003 at 06:00:15:

Hey Bill,

1. Three ring binder

2. I enjoy both video and audio, but I think many will pay a bit more for the “classroom” feel of video. Look how well Sheets has done with his videos.

3. CD’s are the way to go.

Regards,

RichV(FL)

Re: Customer Survey - Some Feedback Please - Posted by L.M.-GA

Posted by L.M.-GA on September 20, 2003 at 01:13:07:

Thank you B. Bronchick for sharing your information with other investors.

Answers to your questions:
1.) 3-ring binders work better
2.) Prefer audio because I can listen to it anywhere
3.) audio cassette

Re: Customer Survey - Some Feedback Please - Posted by art c

Posted by art c on September 19, 2003 at 23:54:40:

I like the three ring binder , Like Carlton S has.
It’s very usefull to have his videos.
CD’s are best , but both CD & tape is a good idea.
Enjoyed this weeks webcast, very informative.
Thanks

Re: Customer Survey - Some Feedback Please - Posted by Gary

Posted by Gary on September 19, 2003 at 23:39:35:

1. 3 ring binder
  2. never watch the videos only audios
  3. I prefer, in order, mp3, CD, and then tape

Re: Customer Survey - Some Feedback Please - Posted by Scott Shubert

Posted by Scott Shubert on September 19, 2003 at 23:27:28:

I’m tired of binders. I have shelves full of them and they bunch up and don’t sit straight. Even though it is the same material on the video as on the tape, I still get a different experience watching the videos and appreciate having them included. I think cassette tapes are obsolete. Even though that is all that is in my current vehicle I would still rather have CD’s.

Thanks

Re: Customer Survey - Some Feedback Please - Posted by Hank FL

Posted by Hank FL on September 19, 2003 at 22:28:30:

Binders are better.

Video makes sense for some of your visual presentations, and how much more are a couple of VCR tapes going to run ya ? And no more crowd shots/close-ups please, unless there are hot chicks barely wearing bikinis in the audience.

CDs are better, but please fill up the CDs. I’m fed up with these seminarians that hold up their courses with 16 or so tapes that have 15 minutes per side.

I’ll say right now that your courses don’t do that.

Your “How To Be Your Own Real Estate Lawyer” was the first course I purchased.“RE Lawyer” is a 2 day seminar on six or eight tapes if I recall. The next courses I bought were 3 high priced modules. Each 16 tape set covered about one day of a seminar if that. I liked much of the info, but felt insulted by the packaging.

BTW, if you are going the binded route, please get a sample of how the final will look & feel. I spent a small fortune on a sub2 course where the paperbacks rolled up like scrolls. Very annoying.

Re: Customer Survey - Some Feedback Please - Posted by life-is-great

Posted by life-is-great on September 19, 2003 at 22:08:38:

1. Current 3 ring binder is perfect, but added index cards would be great for locating chapters.

2. Video is good, compared with audio only it helps me improved memorizing what’s being taught, since our brain can have a visual reference. However the sound and image quality (lighting) have room for improvement.

3. CD is better.

Bottom line is your program is the most worthwhile of my investment so far in comparision to other courses.

Re: Customer Survey - Some Feedback Please - Posted by frankCA

Posted by frankCA on September 19, 2003 at 21:53:18:

#1 3-ring binder
#2 audio
#3 CD