Dallas Convention... - Posted by JPiper

Posted by Jerry Greer on January 15, 1999 at 21:01:31:

Jim, I couldn’t have said it better myself.
I am really excited about the convention. Last years convention was a great learning experience for me. And I truly enjoyed networking with all of people that I felt like I have known forever but I had never met personally. Once again this year I put a face to the names of many new friends I have met over the past year.
I won’t even get into the speakers. Who needs to say anything on that one.

Jerry Greer
Calculated Risk Taker…LOL

Dallas Convention… - Posted by JPiper

Posted by JPiper on January 15, 1999 at 19:13:25:

I just finished making my airline reservations to the convention in Dallas. Just so that you know?.I?m excited. I?m looking forward to the convention. I notice from time to time a few questions regarding last years convention so I thought I would say a few things.

Last years convention in Las Vegas was very good. It was everything I thought it would be, plus more. First, there was an exciting array of speakers on many different topics. Next, there was all the networking that took place, leading to more knowledge, more ideas. And finally, there was the part I didn?t expect. Meeting people I knew online, making friends.

As I look forward to Dallas this year, the list of speakers looks even better. Ron Legrand?.over 1000 houses bought and sold. Do you think he might have a few things you could learn?? John Behle, the host of the cash flow newgroup here, one of THE experts on paper. What an opportunity! My friend Ed Garcia?he has to be one of the finest lenders/financing experts around, and a great guy to boot. Terry Vaughan, a good friend, an exciting speaker and dealmaker. Bill Bronchick?this guy is the legal expert par excellence?.there is no better. Lonnie Scruggs?mobile home king and note creator, an acknowledged gentleman and educator. Scott Britton?I heard Scott last year when he introduced his new course ?Sure Fire Quick Start?. Scott is knowledgeable and impressive. And I look forward to becoming acquainted with Earnest Tew, Jeffrey Taylor, and Robert Kiyosaki of ?Rich Dad, Poor Dad? fame. With this talent I can guarantee that you will walk away not only motivated, but with ideas that will put cash in your pocket.

But what I look forward to even more is getting reacquainted with the many people I met last year, or in the intervening St Louis workshop. I know it won?t surprise any of you to know that there are some REAL players on this board who attended last year, and will be attending this year. People like Jackie from Dallas, David Segars, Ed Wachsman, Dan Lubell, Millie and many, many others. These are people who are doing deals every day. I look forward to learning what I can learn from these people?they?re great people. There?s some exciting newcomers too. How about Steve Cook (I believe Steve is coming)?? Steve started full time this year and is flipping houses like crazy in Baltimore. Then there?s Jim NC. Jim owes David Segars and I dinner and drinks (hehehe). What can you say about this guy?? He hears about lease/options?.and as a complete newbie he runs out and does 20 or so of these things in 2 months! We all need to meet this guy and find out what he?s doing right! Like I say, where can you get a collection of knowledge like this?? Rubbing shoulders with this crowd is an opportunity!!

And again, as always, this is an opportunity to make friends and acquaint yourself with likeminded people. Last year I was surprised to have met so many warm and talented people, some of whom will be lifelong friends. I?m looking forward to more of the same this year.

I hope to see you there. I?m looking forward to meeting you. Make sure to say hello. I?ll be the guy without a mustache.

JPiper

RoundTable discussions… - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on January 15, 1999 at 21:21:55:

Not to mention that the roundtable discussions seemed
to always last till 4:00a.m. :slight_smile:

David Alexander