Dallas Love Field = OOPS?! - Posted by Rodney (AZ)

Posted by Rodney (AZ) on January 29, 1999 at 19:17:35:

Thanks, David. You’ve been a lot of help. I am going to check into changing my departure to Monday AM and staying at the Marriott an extra night.

Rodney Mullins

Dallas Love Field = OOPS?! - Posted by Rodney (AZ)

Posted by Rodney (AZ) on January 26, 1999 at 22:44:43:

I am attending the CRE convention in March. My flight arrives at Dallas Love Field. Now I am finding out that the DFW airport is closer to the Marriott. By how much? Did I screw up? Can anybody that knows the area let me know if I have a problem ASAP?

I posted a similar question as a reply to another post, so please forgive me if I am being redundant. I am concerned about my arrangements and want to know if I need to make changes while I still can.

Please advise, and thanks in advance…

Rodney Mullins

Re: Dallas Love Field = OOPS?! - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on January 27, 1999 at 24:39:01:

It’s about 25 minutes away, from Arlington. Email,
me direct and give me the details, I’m sure me or one of us here in Dallas can help get ya there.

later,

David Alexander

Re: Dallas Love Field = OOPS?! - Posted by Rodney (AZ)

Posted by Rodney (AZ) on January 27, 1999 at 20:12:54:

Thanks, David…

I’m arriving at Love plenty early, and I’ve printed out maps to get me to the hotel. I am assuming that I will be able to catch a shuttle of some sort to the Marriot. My main concern is the departure. My flight leaves on Sunday @ 6:35 PM, so I gotta scoot before Lonnie Scruggs is done and my transit time becomes a little more critical.

I suppose that I can manage, but I was a little miffed that I had made less-than-optimal arrangements for my flight, based on information available at the time.

Anyways, I appreciate any tips or info that the “locals” can offer. I especially thank you for responding to my post. Will I see you at the convention?

Rodney

Posted by David Alexander on January 27, 1999 at 20:29:10:

You should be able to change your ticket for the next flight or two out for about 25 bucks.

Just let me know what you need, we’ll figure it out.

David Alexander

Re: Dallas Love Field = OOPS?! - Posted by Rodney (AZ)

Posted by Rodney (AZ) on January 28, 1999 at 20:20:49:

Let me get this straight. I can call Southwest Airlines and renegotiate my departure time on Sunday night for a small fee? I already have the tickets and they are non-refundable. Also, my other concern is if I am arriving/departing from an airport that is TOO far from the Marriot. I’m getting there on Thursday night, so I imagine that’s not a problem. And for departure, how much transit time should I allow IF I stay for Lonnie’s 2 hours? Can I catch a shuttle without any problems back to Love? I don’t mind pushing out my departure time with Southwest, but I don’t want to change airports. Don’t even know if Southwest lands at DFW. Please help.

Thanks,

Rodney Mullins

Posted by David Alexander on January 28, 1999 at 22:22:26:

Love Field and DFW are two toally different airports.
DFW is a city in itself, whereas Love field is a small airport. I don’t know if shuttles go to Love field from Arlington, it’s about a half hour away. Traffic won’t be bad on Sunday night. You should check on changing the time. Also, if you could make arrangements, did you know Lonnie is giving his seminar on thursday for 99 bucks. Like I said we can get ya there and back, don’t sweat it.

David Alexander