? Dangers of moving a old mobile - Posted by Bob

Posted by John on March 12, 2006 at 06:31:34:

I had a 76 doublewide moved last month and had no problems.

? Dangers of moving a old mobile - Posted by Bob

Posted by Bob on March 11, 2006 at 21:22:59:

What are the dangers/ risks moving a home below 40 miles.

'1978 Galiant 18x70, 3 bdrm., 2 bath,

No leaks visible and looks sound. But?

Bob

Re: ? Dangers of moving a old mobile - Posted by Larry

Posted by Larry on April 22, 2006 at 15:31:36:

I recently moved a 1983 single wide mobile home that had been completely reroofed, with roof overhangs added, and resided. I found cheap mobile home insurance that covered moving the home against structure damage for about $130. I would highly recommend some type of moving insurance for any long distance moves on an older mobile home, especially if in poor shape or if there are a lot of changes to the structure. If the roof or walls severely crack or break or the windows pop out, ect, the insurance would pay for itself almost immediately.

Re: ? Dangers of moving a old mobile - Posted by Sailor

Posted by Sailor on March 12, 2006 at 08:07:40:

Is it the right wind zone for the new area? Have you got a repair permit for the septic? Then there’s the moving permit, for which you’ll have to pay any old taxes + a fee.

Tye

Re: ? Dangers of moving a old mobile - Posted by Lyal

Posted by Lyal on March 12, 2006 at 06:45:23:

Bob,
You’ll need to have a local mover check it out and aprise you of possible problems. In most cases, it should be ok. I did see one several years back where the entire interior was sheet-rocked. It added so much extra weight that the hitch (welded on) broke off as they were trying to get it out of the spot. Not sure if they ever got it moved or not.
Lyal