DataQuick? - Posted by Angel

Posted by Angel on July 07, 2002 at 20:55:41:

Sounds like you have a well-thought out system (even though you didn’t give details-hint,hint). Anyhow, if you ever package your system/method, let me know I might be interested in hearing more about it?

How long have you been a RE investor?

ANGEL

DataQuick? - Posted by Angel

Posted by Angel on July 07, 2002 at 18:06:04:

Has anyone used the DataQuick - Propertyfinder w/ Clickcomps service to get CMA for properties you are considering. If you have used this service, what is your opinion? Do you find the information they offer worth the subscription rate? Is the data current or old? What other online or offline services would you consider to get CMA and property information?

I recently joined their service, and while they offer a lot of info on the target property and properties sold close to the target property, I noticed that some information on a couple of properties I looked up were not current.

If you use or have used this service what are your opinions?

Thanks,
ANGEL

Title Companies - Posted by DavidCAL

Posted by DavidCAL on July 08, 2002 at 03:47:42:

I’ve used Commonwealth’s and FATCOLA’s websites. If you send them business they’ll let you do online Comps for free. FATCOLA’S is Dataquick. Commonwealth’s is Niteowl. Does anyone know if the Comps are different for Dataquick’s paid accounts? If they are more accurate it would be worth the money to pay for them.

It All Depends - Posted by IB (NJ)

Posted by IB (NJ) on July 07, 2002 at 23:03:39:

on the area in which you invest, I think. I ordered FARES for NJ only to find that it was totally useless for my state (got my money back). Before ordering any of these services, I would have them send me a RECENT sample of a property in my area that I’m familiar with.

Re: DataQuick? - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on July 07, 2002 at 22:23:53:

Angel--------------------

I think there have been some good discussions of comps before. I think if you put “FARES” or “first american real estate solutions” into the search function at the top of this Main Bulletinboard of the CREONLINE.COM website, that you will find some good discussion.

Well, “free” information is not always the best information. I do not recommend paying more for something than you have to. However, I do feel that the pay for it services are far superior to what one can get on the internet for free.

If you are in CA, I commend you to look at CD-DATA company in San Diego. Loweer priced, somewhat less information. A good value for the dollar, in my opinion.

Good InvestingRon Starr********

Re: DataQuick? - Posted by Jane L. Cone

Posted by Jane L. Cone on July 07, 2002 at 19:13:53:

Angel,
I’m new to this site–have never posted before. As per your question, I found a website that lists properties and what they sold for, going back 2 years or so. I like it, and it’s free, altho I don’t know if has all the details you are looking for. It is called Domania.com. I just log in and put in a property address–pow! It has helped me. Hope it is useful to you. Jane.

DataQuick - Works Great, Two Thumbs Up. - Posted by $Cash$

Posted by $Cash$ on July 07, 2002 at 18:32:07:

Angel,

I have used DataQuick with great success for my direct mail campaigns amoung other uses.

I select target properties and areas that have motivated sellers, by using a demographic statistics approach along with DataQuick.

I give them two thumbs up.

$Cash$

Re: DataQuick? - Posted by Angel

Posted by Angel on July 07, 2002 at 21:04:15:

Jane,
Thanks for your response.

I have used Domania.com to supplement the info I get from DataQuick. However, Domania is very limited in the amount of info it provides and DataQuick sometime does not have complete info either. So using both plus other info I get from other site, I get a better picture of the mv of the target properties I am considering. Unfortunately, DataQuick is not free.

ANGEL

Re: DataQuick - Works Great, Two Thumbs Up. - Posted by angler

Posted by angler on July 08, 2002 at 11:30:37:

thanx, $CASH$ (and everyone else for their input).I guess you could say I “started” as an REI May 15th, which is when my first bandit hit terra firma and the only other media I use is my Pennysaver. My gut tells me that direct mail is a) the best bang for your buck and, b) a great way to get SELLERS CALLING YOU! I want to invest in a D.M. campaign but I really don’t know who to target. FHA/VA w/ loans 1-4 yrs, or what? In this instance, I don’t know what “lists” to buy! ANY advice would be most appreciated. Thanx in advance…

Re: DataQuick - Works Great, Two Thumbs Up. - Posted by Angel

Posted by Angel on July 07, 2002 at 18:37:24:

Thanks for the feedback.

Is the demographics stats approach something that you devised and use it in conjunction with DataQuick OR do you use a separate component within DataQuick to obtain demographic info?

Interested in knowing?

ANGEL

Re: DataQuick - Works Great, Two Thumbs Up. - Posted by $Cash$

Posted by $Cash$ on July 07, 2002 at 20:29:27:

Angel,

DataQuick does not come with the Demographic Statistics Approach. It is a design of my own.

DSA was designed and developed to help determine when sellers are most motivated to respond to my direct mailings.

$Cash$