deal or dog? - Posted by Joe P

Posted by Indiana Bob on February 12, 2002 at 12:59:53:

Joe P,

I can’t say that I’m an expert on this, since I’m new to this also, but I am a believer in trying to line up some buyers before jumping in on deals. So, if you have the time, run an ad in your local paper advertising a 2BR/1BA for sale, and see what sort of response you get. I spent $50 to do that in my locale, and it paid off with around 25 or 30 calls, and information from those about what they are looking for, and whether or not they would be willing to get a 2BR, or require a 3BR. This, of course, only applies if you don’t really know your market that well yet. If you do, and this home is in demand, then go for it!

Bob

deal or dog? - Posted by Joe P

Posted by Joe P on February 11, 2002 at 13:36:27:

1979 Oakwood, 12 x 60 , comes with stove, refrigerator, washer, dryer, window ac unit, and NEW water heater… 2 bedrooms/ 1 bathroom, good condition, no repairs need to be made. seller advertised for $4800/negotiable…After 2 minutes on the phone hes down to $4,000…city assessment value is $4320…im looking to make my first deal so im trying to get a target price of 3,000 - 3,500 and sell for 6,000 - 6,500 with financing of course… any opinions or thoughts would be appreciated…