Dealmakers Magizine! - Posted by Bill Taylor

Posted by Bill Tayllor on May 29, 2006 at 11:20:44:

No Mike I don’t mean Ray’s magizine he doesn’t have one that I know of. I am talking about a weekly publication called The Dealmakers. They have a website at dealmakers.net.

Dealmakers Magizine! - Posted by Bill Taylor

Posted by Bill Taylor on May 24, 2006 at 22:01:11:

I get this magizine each week with a lot of retialers looking for space to rent in centers from one end of the country to the other. How would you use these leads, are they willing to do much with private individuals or are they just looking to hear from leasing brokers only?

Re: Dealmakers Magizine! - Posted by ray@lcorn

Posted by ray@lcorn on May 25, 2006 at 11:11:19:

Bill,

They’ll deal with whoever has the space in the markets they want to be in. Try to identify the ones who are interested in your market and get your leasing package in front of them in multiple ways.

We start with a phone call to establish interest. If it’s a yes, then we email a pdf package and put a hard copy in the mail (or FedEx when appropriate) the same day. We’ll make at least two follow-up calls and two emails. These guys are often road warriors and appreciate follow-up. That said, we don’t want to chase them if there is no interest.

It helps to get an explanation of their decision-making process, e.g. who makes the decision (usually a committee of some sort), how often they meet, what information they need (target demographics, market data, competitor info, etc.), and how long it typically takes. With an understanding of the process you can then time contacts, collect supporting info and help the rep move the deal along.

Even if a lead doesn’t pan out I don’t let them off the phone without asking for referrals for compatible tenants. This is a networking business, and you never know who knows who until you ask.

ray

Tenantsbymail.com? - Posted by Bill Tayllor

Posted by Bill Tayllor on May 25, 2006 at 16:07:03:

Have you used any such services as this internet company to get your leads or does the dealmkers magizine pretty well give you all you need besides locals?

Re: Tenantsbymail.com? - Posted by Mike

Posted by Mike on May 29, 2006 at 09:50:50:

Ray has a magazine too? Where is this?

Re: Tenantsbymail.com? - Posted by Bill Tayllor

Posted by Bill Tayllor on May 29, 2006 at 21:15:13:

No Mike I don’t mean Ray’s magizine he doesn’t have one that I know of. I am talking about a weekly publication called The Dealmakers. They have a website at dealmakers.net.