Deals Liscense or Brokers Liscense???????? - Posted by jay

Posted by Rhonda - TX on September 15, 2000 at 07:40:27:

He’s right, Jay. As long as you own the real estate, you can sell all day long. But if you want to broker real estate owned by others then you must have a RE license.

Rhonda - TX

Deals Liscense or Brokers Liscense??? - Posted by jay

Posted by jay on September 14, 2000 at 13:05:21:

I am in the So. CA area…I have found out that you can do up to 3 deals on Mobile Homes, then you need a liscence…Which 1 should I get…a Dealers or R.E. Brokers?

1. Which is more cost effective
  2. What are the Advantages & Disadvantages of Dealers and RE Brokers liscenses…???

(sorry about the spelling).

Re: Deals Liscense or Brokers Liscense??? - Posted by Rhonda - TX

Posted by Rhonda - TX on September 14, 2000 at 13:47:38:

I’m not in CA but in TX a Dealer’s License is much easier to get because you don’t have to take courses and then the RE State Exam. If you are selling MH’ on land (real estate) then you need a RE License. If you are selling MH’s not connected to land then you only need a Dealer’s License. However, if you want to sell houses also, then you must have the RE License. Hope this helps. Good Luck!

Rhonda - TX

Re: Dealers Liscense - Posted by CAB (TX)

Posted by CAB (TX) on October 25, 2000 at 22:09:11:

Rhonda, I am new to this. Do we get two or three sales without needing the license like they do in CA. PLus is the three day course really required to get this license here in TX??

Thanks
Chris

I hope… - Posted by Jim (Alaska)

Posted by Jim (Alaska) on September 15, 2000 at 01:11:42:

When you say that you must have a RE license to sell real estate you were talking in the capacity of “agency”. Because a principal is always able to sell without license. That is what creative real estate is all about. As a principal I can sell as many homes as I can find buyers for, as long as I don’t do it in the capacity of “agency”.

success in REI,

Jim

Let Me Restate That, Pleasd… - Posted by Rhonda - TX

Posted by Rhonda - TX on September 14, 2000 at 13:51:20:

I’m not in CA but in TX a Dealer’s License is much easier to get because you don’t have to take an exam. However, for a RE License you must pass a State Exam which can be quite difficult.

Reply to jim(Alaska) - Posted by John C.

Posted by John C. on November 08, 2000 at 15:49:14:

Are you saying then that if i own the mobile home and it is on a lot in a mobile home park then i DON’T need
a dealers license in that state. I can buy and sell as many mobile homes as i like as long as i own them??