Deed and title transfer - Posted by Tamla Romero

Posted by Billy on April 08, 2007 at 11:35:23:

Tamla

Find the seller and get a new priginal deed made up and file that. Don’t ever use that lawyer again, she’s just a lazy clerk!!!

Billy, for this post anyway

Deed and title transfer - Posted by Tamla Romero

Posted by Tamla Romero on April 07, 2007 at 21:23:48:

I bought a home in February 2005 and as of now my deed has not been recorded with the sate of new york. I contacted my lawyer and was informed that the title company folded with out recording deeds or titles. My lawyer told me its in litigation and it’s no longer her problem… She said its up to the courts to file these deeds. What actions can I take to get my deed and title filed?? I don’t have copies of my transfer taxes only of the deed and the city registrar needs original…what can I do??

Re: Deed and title transfer - Posted by river city

Posted by river city on April 09, 2007 at 19:13:43:

Most title companies do not file for the recording of deeds, the attorneys do. In addition, if the title company folded, you are not insured for title insurance. Is there a lender in the transaction? If there is a lender, the lender will have a certified copy of the recorded deed. You should also have a closing statement indicating that you paid for these services. If the attorney has not delivered what you paid for, you may have action against the attorney, as the attorney was in control of the vendors selected for the closing. Again, if there is a lender involved, the lender would be working on this.