Deed in escrow? - Posted by LeonNC

Posted by dewCO on October 22, 2000 at 21:21:34:

I’m no expert on this, so I would check with the experts===my title company closer. However, that is the probably with putting a deed into escrow for any length of time. So I would say to avoid the problem, don’t do it, or get it “out” or taken care of before it’s “too late” and stale.

Actually I think I had this conversation once with my closer, and I think she said, it depends on who you will be giving the deed to (like the redorder), as to whether or not THEY deem it to be “stale”. They also might not want to accept it, because they might feel the likelyhood of fraud would be greater, especially if the maker dies.

Deed in escrow? - Posted by LeonNC

Posted by LeonNC on October 22, 2000 at 19:22:11:

From my understanding if a deed is held in escrow for a period of time it can become stale or uninsurable. How do you avoid the deed becoming stale?

I’ve got in my notes that if you write on the deed “Executed in escrow pending performance on “a certain” agreement dated _______.” that this will help eliminate the problem. Is that true?

Do you date the deed when it’s put in escrow? I remember something about not dating the deed.

I’ve never filled out a deed and I’m sure my attorney wouldn’t think to do these things but I know you guys are much sharper than most attorneys out there anyhow.

Thanks

LeonNC