Deed of Trust Question for the Experienced!!! - Posted by Stephen

Posted by Stephen on September 22, 2003 at 13:37:13:

Thanks so much for the help, one last question, if we serve by publication and there is no response from her, what then? Is the lien just disolved or cancelled? I know I am being pretty specific but I want to make sure this legal process will indeed clear the title before I spend any money to get the process started. Thanks.

Deed of Trust Question for the Experienced!!! - Posted by Stephen

Posted by Stephen on September 19, 2003 at 16:46:52:

I own a property but I can not find the lienholder’s contact information to pay off the deed of trust. I have her first and last name and that is all. Any suggestions on ways to find her contact info? What if I am unable to contact her, is there any way to refiance the property without first paying off the lien? Please help I am between a rock and a hard place. Thanks.

Re: Deed of Trust Question for the Experienced!!! - Posted by Michael Pine

Posted by Michael Pine on September 20, 2003 at 24:31:26:

Stephen,

Have you checked were the most recent tax records were mailed to?

Best wishes,

Michael Pine
email: Michael_Pine@yahoo.com
AIM: MortgageBroker71

Re: Deed of Trust Question for the Experienced!!! - Posted by William Bronchick

Posted by William Bronchick on September 19, 2003 at 21:57:47:

You are closer to a hard place, Stephen. You can file a quiet title proceeding, or, possibly post a bond. I would ask your local title company for options, since they will be insuring over the lien.

Do yourself a favor and ask MORE THAN ONE title company!

Re: Deed of Trust Question for the Experienced!!! - Posted by Stephen

Posted by Stephen on September 22, 2003 at 12:31:44:

What are my options if I file a quiet title but because she is still unable to be found, we are unable to serve her the court papers? Is it possible to do service by publication? If so what are the conditions? Thanks so much for the help.

Re: Deed of Trust Question for the Experienced!!! - Posted by Bronchick

Posted by Bronchick on September 22, 2003 at 12:45:10:

You’ll likely have to serve by publication. You’ll make application to the court for permission to serve by publication, and the court will direct you how to do it.