Deeded a house - Posted by Terry (Dallas)

Posted by David Alexander on January 28, 2000 at 21:20:19:

Havent read his course in awhile but, if the seller is transferring interest with a quitclaim deed only nad doesnt have an interest in the propety you dont either.

Bill, also has a warranty deed in his course with all the Trust language, I know that’s that’s the deed I started with.

David Alexander

Deeded a house - Posted by Terry (Dallas)

Posted by Terry (Dallas) on January 27, 2000 at 18:14:16:

In Texas if you are lucky enough to have a person deed you their house my question is:
What do you have them sign?
A warranty deed? A deed of trust? a quit claim deed? Not in a hurry but if a person wants to give me one I would like to know which one to pull out.
Thanks
Terry

Re: Deeded a house - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on January 27, 2000 at 19:13:29:

A Warranty deed is by far the best. It is a guarantee that they have an interest in the property.

A quit claim deed just deeds you any interest in the property they may or may not have.

In other words I could quit claim you my rights to the golden gate bridge, but since I dont have any interest you dont either.

A deed of Trust is a trust that becomes in effect in the event of default, it is was gives you your security interest to the deed.

David Alexander

Re: Deeded a house - Posted by Terry (David)

Posted by Terry (David) on January 27, 2000 at 20:04:35:

Thank you both. I have both forms so I am armed with this knowledge.
Terry

Re: Deeded a house - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on January 27, 2000 at 19:31:12:

I use a Warranty Deed to Trustee, since I want the property deeded to the land trust. It’s different from a regular Warranty Deed, with specific clauses having to do with the trust and trustee. Maybe I could use a Warranty Deed for this and accomplish the same thing. I don’t know.

Stacy

Re: Deeded a house - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on January 27, 2000 at 19:39:08:

No your right to deed to a trust you have to have that trust language in there giveing the trustee the authority to handle things for the beneficiary.

A normal deed doesnt have that language.

David Alexander

Re: Deeded a house - Posted by Barbara(AZ)

Posted by Barbara(AZ) on January 28, 2000 at 12:46:31:

According to Bill Bronchick’s Course the seller is transferring title by quitclaim deed into trust.
Any comments?