Deeds?? Convention - Posted by Terry (Dallas)

Posted by Karl (Oh) on February 29, 2000 at 23:58:05:

Playing cashflow with David Alexander (with Mark watching his back) for that first hour was almost as educational as watching that guy freak, then storm off when Bob sold David that second business. That could be considered a convention highlight! A good lesson to us all in how NOT to handle a situation that’s not going exactly the way we would like. Especially when you’re meeting folks for the first time that you hope will become long time friends. Dee, David, Bob, Terry, and Mark (shut up, you’re not even playing!)- it was a pleasure meeting you all, can’t wait until we meet again. As for that other guy…

Karl Kleiner

Deeds?? Convention - Posted by Terry (Dallas)

Posted by Terry (Dallas) on February 28, 2000 at 21:20:40:

If I am having land deeded to me, 10 acres (Lonnie Deals anyone?), would it be better to have it in a Warranty Deed or Deed of Trust?
Excuse the next newbie question but is the main difference in the two the fact that the deed is taken in the name of a trust I set up? Which would protect me more?
Thanks in advance
Terry

PS.
For those who were not there I just wanted to say that you missed the best bunch of people you ever possibly could. The whole Texas connection, as steph put it, could not have been more helpful. I was beat up to no end to go and do a deal, any deal and I can’t let that many people down.
I learned as much from the quiet giants like Gregery, Bill T, Jim Kennedy and Mike from Houston as I did from the speakers. Robyn Thompson taught me a He** of a lot in a very short period of time as well and for that I will never forget her and yall should’t either.
My new very good friend’s Ed and Lisa will be missed greatly until next time. The two young men from MESA who at a young age are doing more than most will ever imagine are a strong motivation, though as twins I could’t tell them apart. ha ha ha
I learned a tremendous amount from all of the speakers and was even able to bend Ed Garcia’s ear for a while in a conversation that will drive me more than he will ever know. But the friendship and support that I have created is, as they say, PRICELESS.

Re: Deeds?? Convention - Posted by Ed_IL

Posted by Ed_IL on February 29, 2000 at 15:30:57:

I Luv Ya Man…No you cant have my Bud Lite!!!

By the way, I’m still waiting for that beer…

Ed

Re: Deeds?? Convention - Posted by d.henderson

Posted by d.henderson on February 29, 2000 at 06:43:14:

I didn’t think that I nagged you toooo much. smile I know that you will be an awsome deal maker.
All the Real Estate Success
Dee-Texas

Re: Deeds?? Convention - Posted by David Alexander

Posted by David Alexander on February 28, 2000 at 22:04:50:

Warranty Deed. A deed of trust is what gives the note holder thr right to forclose in the event of a default on the note. Simply said it is the security instrument.

David Alexander

Re: Deeds?? Convention - Posted by Terry

Posted by Terry on February 28, 2000 at 22:59:46:

Thanks
To you as well ‘101’ partner I enjoyed the conversation as well as the lesson that I learned watching us play 101. Amazing the number of people who kept saying “you can’t do that” Just to watch you leave with, what was it, three million?
Thanks again
Terry