Define a bad park - Posted by Scott - TX

Posted by Dee-Texas on March 15, 2001 at 07:28:55:

Hello Scott,
I don’t know if this is exactly what you asked but…
I look at the PARK…I have contact with police and want to know the level of problems there. If a deal makes sense I buy it…I look at a mobile or house and think would I have lived it this SOMETIME in my life. Because I started out renting and working like many others. I won’t buy at the very low end like some. I don’t want a Lot of repairs and want the mobile to stand up to a SECOND go around if the first buyer flakes…
REMEMBER! Get in good with the PM in that or any park…Your success depends on it.
Great Success,
Dee-Texas

Define a bad park - Posted by Scott - TX

Posted by Scott - TX on March 15, 2001 at 24:06:17:

I have searched the archives and people agree it’s better to buy the worst home in a good park rather then the reverse.

I have an opportunity to buy a nice home in a park that I belive to be mediocre at best (This would only be my 2nd deal). Close to an airforce base with out of town ownership/management. The neighbors tell me that about 2/3 of the park stays constant will the other 1/3 rotates. They say that people are fairly nice.

Am I being too critical by imposing my own personal standards? Any input is appreciated.