Designing Letterhead / Company Logo for Direct Mail - Posted by breeves

Posted by Susan (N.Ca.) on January 29, 2000 at 19:10:09:

I use Microsoft Publisher for all my husband’s advertising. (He owns an auto shop.) I took a clip art from the Publisher CD library, rotated it, and modified it in Paint, (look in the accessories folder off of Windows) saved the final logo as a picture, and import it back into publisher whenever I need it.

Lots of Luck,
Susan

Designing Letterhead / Company Logo for Direct Mail - Posted by breeves

Posted by breeves on January 29, 2000 at 17:02:29:

Do I have to buy a graphic artist software to get a simple company letterhead and logo? I will be doing mass mailings, signs, flyers, etc and want a consistent image.

I have Word2000 and Microsoft Home Publisher. Even bought a cheap $5 MyLogo software(Reviewed it and know why is cost $5 -useless).None of these as far as I could tell let you actually design (draw?) a design. I just need a simple roof with chimney siloutte with my company name under neath. Geez, I could have rehabbed a house with the time I’ve spent messin around trying to get this simple detail done. Should I just go to the local printer and let them do the design?

Advise please.

Re: Designing Letterhead / Company Logo for Direct Mail - Posted by Joei PA

Posted by Joei PA on January 30, 2000 at 08:11:29:

This is another one of my specialties…let me know what you want and how it should read and I will send you a sample of what I can do…

Re: Designing Letterhead / Company Logo for Direct Mail - Posted by Steve (FL)

Posted by Steve (FL) on January 29, 2000 at 20:04:58:

I purchased a couple of CD’s a few years ago with 40,000 images (for $40; probably cheaper now) at CompUSA, all freeware and licensed to be used as pleased. I found one close to what I wanted and modified it to my liking for a previous PC consultant venture. I also print my own business cards and just today, purchased a pack of 200 post cards to print for $20. You can get everything you need for $60. I did spend several hours modifying the image, but it came out so good I intend to use it now for my investing career.

Good luck!