Desperate situation - Posted by Noah

Posted by John Behle on January 29, 1999 at 18:19:54:

The note business is far more than it is “hyped up to be”. The problem is the “Hypers” do not know or understand the business.

The average expensive seminar out there does not teach you what you need to know. That’s where the hype comes in.

It’s a matter of proper and adequate education. You won’t win the Indy 500 with a Yugo and most will see little success in this industry with the “Hyped” education that is available out there.

BUT! - just like the Indy 500, the note business does exist and can be very profitable and successful. Just get the right vehicle. You don’t buy an INDY car out of a showroom - or off of an infomercial.

Desperate situation - Posted by Noah

Posted by Noah on January 28, 1999 at 12:54:33:

I’ll come to the point. I need money fast. My only resources right now are the pieces of info I’ve seen on this site and a couple of other good ones and a subscribtion to a note listing service with lots of cash flows for sale!
I think brokering a few notes is my fastest path to cash. I am being threatened with an eviction! I will happily share 1/2 my commission with an experienced broker or investor who can show me how to do this in a few days or less! S.O.S.!!

Re: Desperate situation - Posted by John Behle

Posted by John Behle on January 29, 1999 at 18:14:36:

Noah, I can teach you how to find, broker and then later fund notes, but it likely will not be able to solve your problem that quickly.

We are talking about finding notes in the chatroom today if you can make it. You can find notes quickly and you can broker them quickly, but it is an art to be learned.

The listing services are viewed by many large and small funding sources, that the average investor cannot compete with as far as yield and purchasing power. You can have a wonderful time there if you can serve a niche market (like your own city) in a way that no one else can.

As far as your immediate problem, without good notes in hand and a handle on private or institutional funding sources I don’t think it is going to be solved through notes.

We will be talking about some ways to find notes that can happen within a few days if applied properly.

Re: Desperate situation - Posted by daveh

Posted by daveh on January 29, 1999 at 06:33:22:

I’ve bid on quite a number of notes off the internet service you mentioned. Your chances of closing a deal are very slim. These notes are shopped to death over the intenet. If the note is any good at all , you’ll never get a decent price – too much competition. There are many other ways to get good notes. The listing service will only frustrate you. It’s great if you’re selling, terrible if you’re buying or brokering.

Re: Desperate situation - Posted by PBoone

Posted by PBoone on January 28, 1999 at 20:03:33:

Note selling (Brokering) is not a way to get “Quick Cash” the process takes time (due dilligence). If money is at such a point where an eviction is pending it would be my opinion that possibly a temporary labor agency may be the best recourse.
Pat

Re: Desperate situation - Posted by Noah

Posted by Noah on January 29, 1999 at 12:49:23:

Okay, I guess the note business isn’t what its hyped to be. What about creating a note to finance a purchase. Can that really be done, and done quickly. Thanks for the feedback.