Details of purchase using Carlton Sheets program - Posted by Desmond

Posted by ann on June 23, 2003 at 19:16:37:

I like your post. I just looked on ebay today and saw his newest course for sale at $91.00…needless to say… I’m buying it!!!

ann

Details of purchase using Carlton Sheets program - Posted by Desmond

Posted by Desmond on June 21, 2003 at 01:46:29:

I see there are many non-beleivers of the Carlton Sheets program out their so here are the details of my first purchase using his program First a little history about myself.High school drop-out but later received G.E.D and some community college. Ex-felon served two years in state prison 10 years ago. Race minority status. Before I purchased his course was living in a one bed room apartment in a bad part of East San Diego The reason I told you all this is to prove that you don,t have to be a college grad to make money using his program. Like most of you I had seen his program 1000 times on TV and thaught it was to good to be true. I soon became fed up living in my dinky apartment and decided it was time to do something so i orderd his couse. It taken six weeks to arive I waited in anticipation.When it arrived I lestend to his tapes over and over agin taking notes.I made a commitment to myself to give the program a 110% effort for 30 days and if it didnt show results I was deffanitly going to send back. I followed his recomindations as close as i could. didnt have a lot of money so I watched ever dime. Went to local prent shop and paid to have 250 of his seller analisis forms made that was provided with couse.They really turned out to be a great help in organizing and catorising information on seller plus a confidence builder because nown i new what I was going to say on the phone.Then I started puchasing the house trader and the Sunday paper to look for good deals and dont wanters like he suggested.I set a goal to contact 25 sellers of property a week. then scheduled time I would make calls on inexpensive daily planner Before making phone calls to sellers i would lesten to chapter 8 nothing down deals over the phone actual telephone calls over nd over agin to give myself a confidence booster. After doing this for several weeks to my supprise I started getting lots of phone calls frome sellers and many realestate brokers. After getting confortable with a few brokers I told them my plans to purchase property with little or no money down. Many said that it could,nt be done and would not help me with out a 20% down payment. In stead of being disscuraged i taken it as a challaege fired brokers that woulnt help me and continued my search. To my wonderment and supprise a few brokers said you can do it and i will help you. A Broker name Greg Roberts called on night and said I HAVE SOME Properties like that in nice nieghborhood that you can purchase. After veiwing properties that I thaught never in a million years am i going to get into one of these nice homes one of my ofers was excepted. Greg drew up a contract and said i would need 1000 dollars in ernest deposit to place in escrow . I told hom I didnt have 1000 dollars he just smiled and said how long would it take you to come up with it.I was working at the time and told about two weeks. He excepted a post dated check with the promise the funds would be in the bank in two weeks.Instead of paying rent that month at my apartment I gave my 30 day notice and use rent money for ernest money deposit. I am not recomending that you do this but i was willing to do whatever it takes to buy my first home.Greg was allso a lending officer at a financial institution and got me qualified for the loan using several goverment program,s I did have to come up with a nother 1000 dollars about a month later for closing cost. after about two month closing i had my home. lived their for six months and sold for a 12000 dollar profit after paying realtor. Nown there is your proff that it can be done if you want it bd enough good luck investing

Re: Details - Posted by steve

Posted by steve on June 30, 2003 at 15:32:02:

The broker who took the postdated emd check could and should lose his license for that.

Re: Carlton Sheets program - Posted by Angie

Posted by Angie on June 26, 2003 at 22:33:24:

Very Inspiring… I think I can make it as well now.

30 days? Unrealistic - Posted by ldm

Posted by ldm on June 22, 2003 at 09:25:12:

Ordered course many years ago. Didn’t go through any of the plastic-wrapped materials. Sent back. Why? ‘Welcoming letter’ on top. One line in letter something like “within 59 days” you should be able to accomplish…The money back guarantee is for 30 days so that negated the guarantee. This is why I have always been so leary of attempting the course. If it is so good, then why doesn’t he give a ‘realistic working time’? Would like to present this question to him, but don’t know how.

Re: 30 days? Unrealistic - Posted by Bill

Posted by Bill on June 22, 2003 at 11:51:18:

While you were so busy being worried about the guarantees; I opened up the plastic-wrapped materials (about five years ago) and went to work. I was broke, bankrupted and had IRS debt with hair on it. I’m a high school drop out, never got the GED, and was truck driver. Today I earn $137,000 a year in net income. That’s after all expenses and loan debt. I have a beautiful home (paid for), no more IRS debt, an airplane, go on three vacations a year and couldn’t be happier in my relationships with wife children and grandchildren. I also don’t manage the properties personally. My management company does that for me. Let’s see…what am I leaving out. Oh yeah, about three months ago I bought the latest version of his course just in case there was something new I don’t know about. There isn’t, but I’m keeping the course anyway. You know why? Because just in case I need to refer to some technique I may have forgotten how to do I can find it easier on the CD’s. You know why else? Because I can. Stop worrying about the pennies while the dollar bills are going over your head. Nothing is guaranteed in life and you get nothing without taking some risk. Here’s a guarantee for you that you can take to the bank. If you don’t take the information and do something with it, consistently, until it does work you’ll never succeed in real estate, or anything else in life for that matter. The info works; the question is will you work it. Period

Re: 30 days? Unrealistic - Posted by Tom

Posted by Tom on July 01, 2003 at 20:31:49:

Bill, you are very realistic and i wish i had your attitude but i cannot find the courage to begin investing. I feel the “worse case” scenerio will happen to me and i will lose thousands. I have a comfortable job and feel i will jepordize this because i will make a stupid mistake. Any advice on how to overcome this apprehension??

Lets be realistic - Posted by John (LV)

Posted by John (LV) on June 22, 2003 at 21:40:40:

Have never taken the Sheets course in all my years of investing, so I can’t comment on it.

Bill… you make a great point and I quote “If you don’t take the information and do something with it, consistently, until it does work you’ll never succeed in real estate, or anything else in life for that matter. The info works; the question is will you work it. Period”

Creative investing works ONLY if you work it.

Desmond…Great job, I’m glad you stayed with it

Thanks for the post.

John (LV)

Re: 30 days? Unrealistic - Posted by Desmond

Posted by Desmond on June 22, 2003 at 12:01:05:

GREAT RESPONCE. THANKS

Re: 30 days? Unrealistic - Posted by Bill

Posted by Bill on July 02, 2003 at 06:08:55:

Tom, The fear of doing something that may cause pain far out weighs the emotion of doing something that will bring pleasure. That is, we humans will do anything to avoid pain even if means not recieving the pleasure we deserve by taking risk. Even if the risk is minimal. Don’t feel bad, most of the population does this. You may not realize this but you not only fear “losing thousands”, but also fear the pain of “making a stupid mistake”. Ok, now for the answer to your question “Any advice on how to overcome this apprehension?” A great question! Here’s the answer, but first with a little history on what the answer did for me. It’s a true story, nothing is made up so don’t laugh. Take the time to read this.

Some of what I’m going to tell you I may have already elluded to in an earlier message.

In 1985 I went into the electrical contracting business. Privious to this I drove a tractor trailer, over the road, on and off, for about 15 years. When I wasn’t driving a truck, in between jobs, I would work as an electrician with my dad in his small electrical contracting firm. I quit the road in 1985 at age 34 to work full time for dad. In 1986 we had a disagreement and I quit to go out on my own. We didn’t speak for 15 years. That’s another story, family in business, I won’t get into here. Anyway, I got into new construction, I had 11 or 12 union electricians, took on jobs that I couldn’t manage because of my lack of business knowledge and in 1989 promptly went backrupt both personally and corporately owing thousands to the folks down at the IRS. Bankrupsy does not discharge payroll tax debt. We (the wife and I) had to pay it all back in installments.

In 1990, emotionally and financially whipped, I went back on the road for a company in Pennsylvania called Transcontinental Refrigerated Lines (TRL) and hauled produce and other commodities cross country. I knew I had to do something to get myself out of the emotional rut I was in.

One late night while watching TV guess who’s infomercial comes on? You guessed it, the big guy with the mouth full of pearly whites, Tony Robbins. I bought the tapes, the whole set, all thirteen of them and took them on the road. It was advertised as “Personal Power” a 30 day program to success.

I took those tapes on the road and listened to the entire program. Then I went back to the beginning and listened to them again only this time I did all the exercises. In less then 30 days I quit the road, again, for the last time.

That was 1992. In 1992 I started a new company and hired another apprentice electrician (who stayed with the company 13 years) and one truck and set out doing small electrical jobs for homeowners. In 1995, as the company began to grow I took off the tool belt and began to learn and run the company as a business person.

Today the Jones Services Company, LLC has over 7,000 customers, does 2.7 million dollars in sales and has 24 employees. I pull a yearly salary of $134,000 not including vehicle allowances, bonuses and year end profit. That dosn’t include the real estate. I own the building the company occupies along with another tenant. The two tenants, Jones Services Company and Blake Equipment pay $6,800 a month in rent. After all expenses, including loan debt (mortgage) I clear another $30,000 a year. Over the years I’ve bought and sold several residential properties as well.

Please don’t get the wrong idea, I’m not telling you this to impress you. I’m telling you this story, hopefully, to get you to act. Don’t buy the Carlton Sheets Program until you go through the Personal Power Program (actually they call it “Get The Edge Now”) by Tony Robbins. It works! And if it dosn’t you can send it back for a full refund!

Here’s two more little bits of interesting facts for you that goes along with the above story. I gave away my originol set of audio tapes (they come in CD now) to a nephew of mine a few years back. He, as far as I know to this date, has done nothing to improve his life. He probably never listened to the tapes. Why do I tell you this? It’s simple, I’m a realist, I’m not going to BS you. If you don’t listen to the tapes, numerous times and do the exersices you won’t benefit from them. Tony say’s that only about 10% of the people who buy motivational tapes ever listen to them. Even less ever buy them. That’s why there is so much room at the top! Here’s the other interesting fact. I just purchased, again for the second time (as I did Carlton Sheet’s program), Tony Robbins’ “Get The Edge” which includes not only a brand new program from him but also the originol Personal Power tapes. I’m listening to them again, over 11 years since the first time!

Here’s the phone number, 1-877-835-0074 8Am to 9PM Eastern Time 7 day’s a week. I’m looking at the invoice from them, I paid a total of $223.00 which included shipping and handling.

So, there you have it. What are you going to do? I’m 52 years old, but ever since I was in my thirties I alway’s kept in mind that on my death bed I didn’t want to have any regrets about what I did and even more importantly what I didn’t do! Life’s short my freind, make the best of it! Make the call, spend the money! It’ll be the best investment you ever make.

To your Success,

Bill

P.S. Did I mention I was a high skool drop out?

Re: Lets be realistic - Posted by Jacob

Posted by Jacob on June 23, 2003 at 12:53:33:

It’s a fact that there are pros and cons about the Carleton Sheets course, that’s the way it is in life. It works if you work it. I bought my first home using the Carleton Sheets Course. I bought a three bedroom two story home in Racine, Wisconsin. I negotiated with the the seller to lend me the closing costs. I talked to the city for down payment assistance and bought it for no money down. I was only making $7.77 an hour driving a forklift. Nobody thought I could buy my home with zero down, but I did! With his course. Two years later I got married and pulled $22,000.00 out of my equity on the refi and paid for the most beautiful wedding that people are still trying to copy. Limo srvice formal outfits, the bride’s gown, rings, catering, d.j.,band, over 300 guests, a week in las vegas, air fare, hotel etc., I used a 1996 course and the year was 1999. I have no squawk with Carleton sheets. Later I pulled more cash out for a down payment on a two-family home with positive cash flow and more equity. I did all that with Carleton Sheets and some goals.

Jacob