Determining after fix up FMV - Posted by Scott (ATL)

Posted by gmay on May 19, 2000 at 11:56:11:

Consider this: To find FMV after fix up.
Zero in on a couple of neighborhoods.
Drive around said neighborhood and look for which realtor has this neighborhood as their “FARM AREA”.

Then ask them for example, “on the 1500 block of Five Forks Trickum Road, (in Stone Mtn) what would a 1200 sq foot, 3Br, 2Ba home go for.”

These agents would be able to tell you within a thousand dollars of two what the value of a house for that particular block would be when fixed up.

gmay(CA)

Determining after fix up FMV - Posted by Scott (ATL)

Posted by Scott (ATL) on May 19, 2000 at 11:20:25:

Boy is it trying to find house #2!!! Tons of houses to look at but where are the real deals?

I?m finding that we are having a very tough time at identifying properties to look at. Since my partner and I work full time we don?t have much time available to physically go look at houses and their comps. So, I feel like I?m on a mission to systematically identify potential deals on paper before we even leave the house/work! Unfortunately, even with a CMA and the 70% formula on paper we come up with hundreds of possible ?deals?. Still too big to go look at all the properties. Plus, the recent sales in a particular area are usually numerous so trying to figure out a ballpark FMV on paper is next to impossible. Plus the CMA doesn?t give you a proximity. Yes, it does give you neighborhoods/addresses but most of these neighborhoods can be drastically different from block to block!

What I?m getting at here is to find out if any of you have come up with a formula or software to help you generate a ?hot? list? I figure if we can get a small (

Motivation Based Marketing - Posted by JohnWe (NoCA)

Posted by JohnWe (NoCA) on May 19, 2000 at 15:32:59:

Your best deals will come from motivated sellers, not houses that fit the right numbers. Think about ways of finding motivated sellers, or better yet having them find you, and you’ll easily weed out the time wasters.

As far as comps, try out octitle.com.

Good luck.