Developing Parks! - Posted by Devon

Posted by ray@lcorn on December 22, 2000 at 08:40:39:


Your first stop should be the local government (county or city) planning office. Find out the current zoning for the property, then whether a mobile home park is permitted in that zoning district. If not, you’ll need to know what district the zoning has to be changed to, and the development standards that have to be met. Get a copy of the zoning ordinance, you’ll need it.

If you have not developed property before, then I would suggest meeting with a local engineering firm about the project. They should be able to give you an idea about the relative difficulty of getting the zoning change if needed, and of development costs generally. Then it is up to you to determine if the potential revenues justify the investment.

All of the above assumes that your market is healthy, and that the absorption rate of the new spaces would carry the investment costs.

Good luck!


Developing Parks! - Posted by Devon

Posted by Devon on December 22, 2000 at 24:36:40:

I have several investors interested in developing some property that I recently purchased in Texas (21 acres). I’m just curious as to the first step or steps I must take to satisfy zoning restrictions and any other legal issues. Could someone familiar with the Texas codes and restrictions, direct me to the proper authorities to get our project moving in the right direction.

Thank you in advance for any advice that may be offered!