Diabolical Tenant - Posted by Maria

Re: Yes and no - Posted by Maria

Posted by Maria on April 28, 2006 at 15:03:35:

Obviously this whole discussion and the replies are moot. You gave us the landlords point of view, but from your perspective. I’m sure they have a different story.

Re: Okay, I get it now . . . - Posted by Mary-Oh

Posted by Mary-Oh on April 29, 2006 at 15:20:43:

Clearly this shows how much I need to learn. Thank you for all your posts, I have learned alot from you already…and I hope to learn more.
Mary

Re: Yes and no - Posted by Maria’s tenant

Posted by Maria’s tenant on May 01, 2006 at 14:14:18:

I sure hope you’re right, and I’m wrong.

What I’m really expecting is that they won’t show up in court in 3 weeks, I’ll get a default judgment, and they’ll go to some judge in the city where they live, feed him a line of something, and he’ll vacate the judgment, forcing me to start over with a new suit, serve them, etc. I hope I’m wrong about that too.

I discussed my plan (get in the way of their home sale) with my wife, but she’s afraid that tactic would just lead to more trouble for me. I don’t believe it would, or at least I don’t believe it would lead to any trouble I couldn’t handle (i.e., they might sue me for something, but they’d have no case). Even so, out of deference to her, I’ve agreed to wait until our court date passes to do anything like that. I really wanted them to be greeted with a scenario like the one I originally described – they arrive in town for the trial, go by the house, and get the impression that it’s been my advertising rather than their overpricing that’s responsible for the lack of a sale. Of course, if they really aren’t planning to show up, that would be a wasted gesture anyway.

In any case, I’ve pretty much resigned myself to the idea that any monetary satisfaction may be a long time coming. If that’s the case, like Butch and Sundance, they’re going to find that I’m not easy to shake. The longer they delay, the more it’s going to cost them, and the sweeter it will be when they finally pay.

Of course, first, I have to win the judgment.