Dialing for Dollars.... When is the best time to call FSBO ads? - Posted by Pat

Posted by William Bronchick on April 06, 2000 at 17:45:42:

I love answering machines. It is a free advertisement for you. If they don’t call back at all, it usually means they have other prospects or are not interested in anything you have to offer.

Just my experience . . .

Dialing for Dollars… When is the best time to call FSBO ads? - Posted by Pat

Posted by Pat on April 06, 2000 at 17:05:38:

As part of my marketing strategy I want to call FSBO ads from the newspaper, expired listings and FSBO signs. When is the best time to call? What schedule has worked for those of you who cold call? I?m thinking Mon. to Fri., 6:30pm to ? 9:00pm, Sat., 9:00am to 1:00pm and Sunday 1:00pm ?6:00pm.

Re: Dialing for Dollars… When is the best time to call FSBO ads? - Posted by Tom

Posted by Tom on April 07, 2000 at 21:37:53:

One of the things that works well for me is, I call seasoned ads. What I mean by that is I’ll call FSBO ads from 6 to 8 week old papers. If I’m calling ads for properties for rent, to try to L/O them I wait until there 3 to 4 weeks old. I have a phone script that I use and I know if the seller is motivated within 2 min. on the phone. If the property is already gone, than I’m only on the phone about 15 to 20 seconds. It’s not my thing to try to talk someone in selling me there house if there not motivated. This works for me, give it a try it can’t hurt. Good Luck. Tom

Re: Dialing for Dollars… When is the best time to call FSBO ads? - Posted by Steve C., Remax

Posted by Steve C., Remax on April 07, 2000 at 11:52:52:

I work FSBO’s heavily for entirely different reasons (listings), but I’ve found the best times to call are:
Friday afternoon 3-6pm (everybody’s happy on Friday!)
Saturday 10 or 11 am to 6pm
Sunday 3-6 pm
Otherwise, late afternoon or early evening.
If they’re motivated, follow up is crucial. After you speak with them, send them a very brief note and an offer to help them in some way. Then call back again or ask to see their house.