Did You do Everything you wanted to do today? (Some inspiration) - Posted by Jason_VA

Posted by HR on March 22, 2000 at 20:50:00:

Jay,

There are some motivational posts (and maybe more than in the past), but so what? Do you feel like the content is suffering? I’m not going to argue with you on this one (I’m too tired to argue, for once :wink:

All I can say, is that after a long, hard day of rei, I like coming here and finding some posts that help me recenter. Two days ago, I found a fireplace hidden in my future kitchen; awesome day. Today, my crews not only discovered rotten flooring on one project, but a partner and I decided to kill a deal, and I found termites in one of my houses.

What I truly love about this biz is every day holds something new. I wish they were all chimney days. I don’t mind words of encouragement; it’s hard work.

Just my wooden nickel.

HR

Did You do Everything you wanted to do today? (Some inspiration) - Posted by Jason_VA

Posted by Jason_VA on March 22, 2000 at 12:39:40:

Did you wake up to an alarm clock?
Or did you wake up when your body was fully rested.
Did you roll out of bed, or did you roll over to sleep more?
Did you wake up your children for daycare, or did they wake up themselves when fully rested?
Did you do everything you wanted to do today?
Did you fight traffic this morning?
Or did you do errands around 11:30, when the streets are dead?
Did you read last night?
Or were you too tired you just went to bed.
Did you make a car payment?
Wouldnt you have liked to have a one payment plan?
Did you put on your running shoes for the rat race?
Or are you on the sidelines, helping others get out of it.
Are you excited about playing golf on the weekends?
Or would you rather have the course free to yourself, on a Wednsday afternoon?
Did your children say “Daddys home, or Mommys home from work?”
Or wouldn’t you have preferred not to have left at all?
Does your wife work 9 to 5?
Do you work 9 to 5?
Do you fool yourself with the term “quality time”?
Wouldn’t you prefer the term “Quantity time”
Sucess is not money, nor is it time. As people in charge of our own destiny, we choose to create for ouselves a lifestyle with time AND money.
We choose to do today, what others refuse to do, so that tomorrow we may do what others cannot do.
Sucessful people speak as if it is impossible to fail.

Is it just me? - Posted by Topeka Jay

Posted by Topeka Jay on March 22, 2000 at 19:15:46:

Or has anyone else noticed a significant increase in “inspirational” posts of late? It seems like the “atta boy”, “you can do it” and “praise real estate investing” posts now out number content posts.

It’s Not Just You, But… - Posted by Bill K. (AZ)

Posted by Bill K. (AZ) on March 22, 2000 at 21:01:32:

Topeka Jay,

While I have noticed an increase in these posts, they certainly don’t outnumber the content posts. Inspirational posts are necessary, and they serve a very definite purpose. This group is like family. We’re not all in the same “place” at the same time. Some have questions. Some have answers. Some want to share their deals. Some want to pat them on the back. Some are down. And, some share inspiration.

I really hope that you’re not suggesting that the inspirational posters stop posting. I find it rather refreshing. And, I am frequently reading things I have heard before, but definitely need to hear again and again.

If you’re not into mobile homes, don’t read the MH posts. If you’re not in the mood for some inspiration, feel free to skip those posts. Remember, you’re free to take what you need, and leave the rest.

Bill K. (AZ)