Direct mail plan. Feedback please - Posted by Craig

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on July 01, 2003 at 24:41:43:

Craig------------------

I’d suggest that you do about 500-800 cards at a one time. Wait a couple of weeks and send out a similar batch. Do this a couple of more times. If, after you have mailed to everybody you have been getting a good response, then mail a second time to a group of them. I think that monthly mailings may be a little too closely spaced. Not too many people will find their situation changed greatly from one month to the next. I’d suggest about every three or four months will be easier to handle and less costly. It also gives you time to work the houses that you buy.

If you can, target first people who bought more than 10 years ago. They will have enough appreciation that they could sell for less than market value and still make a profit. Those who acquired the property in the past year or two are probably lower-valued targets.

Postcards yes. I like that.

Good Investing*Ron Starr

Direct mail plan. Feedback please - Posted by Craig

Posted by Craig on June 30, 2003 at 21:36:59:

Hello,

After obtaining a mailing list of 5000 people of non-owner occupied homes and lining up the printing, mailing, etc., I’m reconsidering my strategy. I’ve heard and read from a number of investors, primarily on this messsage board, that you can’t go wrong with non-owner occupied mailings. My plan is to send about 4-5 postcards once a month to these folks. On the flipside, I have also heard that some investors have experienced great success with “farming” neighborhoods. My dilemma is I don’t have financial resources to do both, so I suppose I’m just looking for some reassurance that this is a sound plan before I put a few thousand dollars into a single basket.

Any feedback is very much appreciated!

Re: Direct mail plan. Feedback please - Posted by MJK

Posted by MJK on July 03, 2003 at 18:03:21:

Hi Craig,

I do mailings to out of state owners. I use USPS.com to automate the whole process. Very easy.

I would recommend you break the mailings down into smaller groups and then hit each group once a month.Use repetition rather than 1 huge mailing.

Best of Luck