Direct Mail - Posted by Bill in Vegas

Posted by curious anna on August 21, 2003 at 16:55:44:

Forgive my ignorance but what kind of list can I purchase from a title company?
curious anna

Direct Mail - Posted by Bill in Vegas

Posted by Bill in Vegas on August 21, 2003 at 01:08:52:

Hello Investors,
Has anyone been successful with direct mail to search for motivated sellers? Reason I ask is I am fixing to send mailers to absentee owners that fit my personal 'flip" criteria. My question is simply this…

How long between mailings should I remail to the same homeowner? 1-2-3-4-5 weeks?

I gather repetition is KEY with direct mail for investors. That is my main question. Of course anyother pointers you have let me know PPPLLLEEAASSSEEE!!!

I am doing 400 post card mailers that say basically “will buy and house and close in 72 hours” just to get the phone to ring.

thank you in advance,
Bill in Vegas

Re: Direct Mail - Posted by paul-fl

Posted by paul-fl on August 21, 2003 at 08:14:02:

Don’t mail them to close to each other as you are likley to get back some undeliverables and if you haven’t waited at least a week or two, you end up sending a second out wasting money.

I wait 2 weeks to mail again. With in that period I usually receive back all the ones that could not be delivered and then I adjust my list.

Re: Direct Mail - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on August 21, 2003 at 05:59:59:

Richard Roop has an article in the How-to section.

Re: Direct Mail - Posted by Larry

Posted by Larry on August 21, 2003 at 01:21:41:

Bill there is no exact sinces to mailers. I have learned you should pick out several different approaches and run with it. For example mail to expired listings twice a month, then next month hit up absentee owners, then work with a list from a title company you purchased the third month. Be creative about your approach especially when starting out so you do not get so discourged if the phone does not ring for a couple weeks.

Then after you have been doing it a while you will find your little niche and you will then know what works best for you.

Best of luck

-Larry