direct mail - Posted by steve-ga

Posted by Don (VA) on August 26, 2006 at 20:36:17:

Test, test, test. Try both. And try different colors–yellow may pull better or worse than beige or pink. And try plain white #10s. And, though research usually shows handwritten outpulls labels, you might try both. Keep track of your responses from each effort. And not just responses, but how many of those are serious…where does the revenue come from?

I know you’d like a simple answer (for instance colored is better than greeting card size), but there isn’t any.

Test, test, test.

direct mail - Posted by steve-ga

Posted by steve-ga on August 25, 2006 at 19:05:53:

when sending letters to homeowners which envelopes are better colored or greeting card size. Thanks

Re: direct mail - Posted by Charles Parrish

Posted by Charles Parrish on August 26, 2006 at 21:43:00:

Every Tom, Dick and Alice investor sends cards and letters, they are all trying to find motivated sellers of HOUSES and the message, for the most part generic.

Try this; ?We are interested in houses, commercial, lots, land, farms, marinas, water fronts and non-conforming real estate.

Your expertise may not be in those other types of properties, but you will learn fast how to analyze a commercial transaction or find someone who can.

I suggest personalizing your message; mention, family trust, wife husband, neighbor, building personal portfolio, no financing need, no haggling, credit worthy, can act fast if that is important, as is, serious, thank you, please, call me direct on my cell phone, any condition or location.

As you know with the price of postage for these mailings can be expensive. Here are my suggestions for saving thousands of dollars in postage.

Pay a responsible person to hand deliver cards or letters for so much per address. I have an associate who pays a person ten cents an address. He places the card or letter on or between the front doors. He is receiving many calls and writing offers.

It is important to make an offer to pay a high referral fee in the event the house is tenant occupied. Make sure that offer is in bold type somewhere in your message.

You can take a crew of kids to certain neighborhoods to supervise this activity.

Just some ideas, what do you think?

Charles Parrish