Direct Mailing Service - Posted by Alex

Posted by Alex on July 13, 2002 at 05:36:49:

Chris
Small company out of Traverse City MI, do you use one?

Alex

Direct Mailing Service - Posted by Alex

Posted by Alex on July 12, 2002 at 14:31:26:

I got a quote for a directing service that will send out 30k flyers in a mailing package with other flyers. The cost is $940.00 every two months. The owner of the direct mailing service said she has other investor doing the same thing but not in the zip code I’m looking to do. I was wondering if this price is out of line? Thank

Alex

Re: Direct Mailing Service - Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA)

Posted by Ronald * Starr(in No CA) on July 13, 2002 at 17:37:11:

Alex–(MI)-----------------------

If you read books on direct mail, you learn that experimentation is the rule. You don’t know what will work until you try it.

If I were in your position I would: ask what commitment I have to make. Just one mailing? Good. If it does not work, I won’t sign up again.

Since you say there are people already doing this, ask for their names and numbers. Call and find out their experience.

Ask if you can do a testing of many fewer for less money. Say, 5K fliers for $200. If necessary, you might volunteer to do so of the stuffing if that it necessary to get you a smaller test.

If you do it, I would suggest you either get professional help writing your piece or you study up on direct marketing copywriting. There are many books available on the topic. You can find some at your local public library, I’ll bet

Good Investing***Ron Starr

Re: Direct Mailing Service - Posted by Stacy (AZ)

Posted by Stacy (AZ) on July 13, 2002 at 12:53:56:

Just a suggestion, but there are other ways to get your word out that are cheaper and probably will work better. I haven’t personally used the type of service you are referring to, but I’ve seen a few posts on this board from people who tried the Val-Pac idea. If you don’t know about Val-Pac, they combine several “coupon” sized flyers for various businesses and mass mail them in an envelope to households. Every person has admitted fairly unimpressive results, and I think they’ve all stopped doing it.

Maybe someone else will chime-in that is successful using this method.

For example, I can get 2,500 door hangers printed and delivered for $190. Maybe something like that is a better use of your limited marketing budget. After all, the recipient has to read it, rather than throw the whole package away unopened.

Just my opinion.

Re: Direct Mailing Service - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on July 13, 2002 at 24:24:26:

Just curious… what company was this? Where are they out of? Is it a small company or national?

Chris

Re: Direct Mailing Service - Posted by Alex

Posted by Alex on July 13, 2002 at 20:39:11:

Ron

Thanks for the response. I have a couple of calls in for the investors that are doing it also. I haven’t received a call back yet. My post was to see if any others have used this kind of service and was the price in line for this type service. I will be doing more research on this subject for sure. But at these prices I feel that I can use other means less expensive. Thanks again for the response and Happy Investing!

Alex

Re: Direct Mailing Service - Posted by Alex

Posted by Alex on July 13, 2002 at 19:30:32:

Stacy, thanks it just what I was looking for, opinion. I was really not sure I wanted to put that kind of money into it either. Thanks
P.S. Where are you in AZ. I’m dealing with other investors in Arizona. Email me amisico@voyager.net