Dirk and other great promoters - Posted by Tony-VA

Posted by Nicole_AZ on February 16, 2000 at 15:37:04:

Boy, I am feeling the age now. And I’m not all THAT old. What’s next, 80’s radio stations being called the oldies stations? Thanks for the flashback. :}

Nicole

Dirk and other great promoters - Posted by Tony-VA

Posted by Tony-VA on February 15, 2000 at 07:12:48:

I am in need of some suggestions for a good software program to use in marketing my lonnie business. I am looking for something flexible (user friendly) that can create good color flyer’s, brochure’s, business cards etc. I would greatly appreciate any and all suggestions.

Thanks and as always, Best Wishes,

Tony-VA

Re: Dirk and other great promoters - Posted by Dirk Roach

Posted by Dirk Roach on February 15, 2000 at 16:05:45:

Hi Tony,
I am with David here, in that Corel is by far one of the best art programs out on the market. I personally also like Bryce (You can do all sorts of great wire frame “max Headroom” looking houses and stuff).
However there is always a fine line that you must recognize in regards to advertising and such. And that is, it is important to match your ad style with the style that your target audience is most comfortable with.
I do a lot of my flyers, postcards, signs etc. on Publisher 98. The are clean, but not too sophisticated. Because my target audience isn’t too terribly sophisticated. I have found that if an ad or ad campaign is too “slick” looking it runs a risk of simply being ignored.
This recently has happened with a New Mobile Home Dealer here in my market.
They geared up and launched a very comprehensive, too-sophisticated ad campaign. TV commercials (which they have been airing on CNN) etc. Now most of us can see that common sense will dictate that a mobile home target market shouldn’t be on CNN. But rather would most likely have better success on some show like Judge Judy or one of the wrestling programs (Tony I think your favorite show Cops, would be a hit…lol).
Anyhow I guess if you are planning to tweak your marketing direction, just use your head and place the message that you want folks to see in places where they will look.
So that would be be my basic advice, don’t look too terribly “slick”.
Hope that helps
Dirk

Re: Dirk and other great promoters - Posted by Davd Alexander

Posted by Davd Alexander on February 15, 2000 at 08:59:35:

Corel Draw, hands down the best.

David Alexander