Divorced Hubby Wants More - Posted by Chuck Perry - TX

Special warranty deed - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on January 18, 2001 at 23:22:43:

My attorney, who writes for Fidelity, says Fidelity wants a “NO Warranty Deed”. The special warranty deed says I didn’t mess up title while I held it. VA uses the SWD. The No Warranty is similar to the Warranty Deed except it does not warrant the title. Yes, they do not like the Quit Claim deeds.

On this divorce situation it is common for attorney not to record the divorce decree in the real property records. He may be able to satify the title company by recording a memorandum with the legal property description with the decree as part of the memorandum.