DIY Closings - Posted by SteveG_Pa

Posted by Jerry Martin NC on October 25, 2003 at 07:10:24:

Don’t even think about doing your own closings. I always use an attorney, get title insurance and am able to sleep well. Any money you might save doing your own closings wiil be eaten away and then some with the first small mistake.

DIY Closings - Posted by SteveG_Pa

Posted by SteveG_Pa on October 24, 2003 at 22:06:12:

Ive posted this in the legal forum also, thought id get more responses here;

Can someone point me in the right direction for doing my own closings? What papers to have and get signed, I understand Ill need thorough knowledge of it, and I plan on getting it. If I ask an attorney to just show me, you think they would? Thanks

Steve

Re: DIY Closings - Posted by Brent_IL

Posted by Brent_IL on October 25, 2003 at 10:21:54:

The papers you’ll need depend upon the terms of your contract. A deed, note(s), security agreement(s), title insurance, HUD 1, etc. are common to most settlements. There are other documents.

A DYI closing is a very bad idea when you are starting out. There are many ways to mess up.

A real estate lawyer will show you how to do almost anything if you pay the legal fees. Some will do anything if the price is right. That’s not exclusive to lawyers, but it seems that it’s easier for them to quantify their actions. (brief editorializing)