Do fax offers need a signature? - Posted by Dave (MI)

Posted by Jim IL on March 27, 1999 at 23:02:33:

I am lucky enough to have a scanner, so I simply took sheet of plain white paper, drew a line with my trusty little ruler, and then signed my name.
I then saved the signature as a .bmp file, and paste it to my contract in MS word.
It dis take practice, learning to get the picture file to sit correctly, and allow the text to flow over the image, but after reading the help files for MS word, I got it.
This works most of the time. The only problem I have had is when a partner of mine got a contract I sent him as an E-mail attachment downloaded it, the signature
had somehow MOVED above its original position to somewhere in the middle of the contract.
I think he had a different version of word than I did.
But, still not sure “why” it did this, and it only did this the one time.
But, when faxing the contract straight from my computer fax modem, it comes out fine.
If you do not have a scanner, you can simply use “MS paint”, and also make a signature that way. It is difficult to make a nice signature with a mouse, but my handwriting stinks anyway, so the differnce is minimal in my case.
Also, you can then “resize” the signature to fit any document, and use it other things.
My contract does not have a “in the presence of” so I don’t know about that. But, perhaps you can find an agent to work with regular, who will sign it after you fax it to them for presentation.
Just my $.02,
Jim

Do fax offers need a signature? - Posted by Dave (MI)

Posted by Dave (MI) on March 27, 1999 at 10:20:46:

If I sent a faxed offer to a realtor, do I send it signed? And if so, who signs the “in presence of” spot?

Re: Do fax offers need a signature? - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on March 27, 1999 at 18:18:51:

Yes, you should sign it. “In presence of” would be someone who is a witness to your signature.

Read through the contract and make sure that a fax is considered as good as the original. In most states it is.