Do I have the advantage? - Posted by Richard

Posted by cleartoclose on October 13, 2003 at 13:42:22:

I would run an ad in the main newspaper that says “Rent to Own” or “No bank qualifying” and ask for what you want from the buyer. Remember, chances are that you know more about the marketability of that area than 60% of the people that will call on the ad. Don’t put the price of the house or the lease option deposit amount in the ad. Once you find someone that has a couple of thousand to put down and $700/mo for a house that they don’t have to qualify for, you will be doing them a service by helping them purchase instead of rent. Trust me and Ron LeGrand and every other Lease Option investor when I tell you that finding the buyer is never the issue, only finding the seller is hard.

Do I have the advantage? - Posted by Richard

Posted by Richard on October 11, 2003 at 12:07:44:

Hello all. Quick question. As of 10/8/03 I have two homes two mortgages. Question is what to do with second home, ie., sell (traditional MLS route),rent,lease/option, owner finance. I owe approx. $57000. It appraised $65000 in 2001.
Would need face lift to appraise their again. PITI persently 650/mo, neighborhood supports around 600/mo(Realtor controlled rents). Do I have any advantage or am I what you call a motivated seller waiting for an REI? How do keep it until I realize an income from it?