do I look for lender first or find homes first - Posted by cindy (Illinois)

Posted by cindy (Illinois) on September 01, 2003 at 12:52:20:

Ed thanks for responding. I am definetly new at this as you can tell…Alot to learn here in real estate investing.I’m the lowest I can be at this time so I figure I have nothing to lose.But in gaining the information is the hardest thing i’m finding to do.Lenders are everywhere but finding one that will work with you is diffrent story.You find a home say for 1,000 the arv on it would estimate 56,000 finding a lender to loan you that small of an amount is not to easy to find. I’m taking courses in real estate investing but finding information I need to succeed is not in my ball park. Do you think I need a partner? If so where do I find one? In my area? Thanks again for your advice.
God Bless!!!

do I look for lender first or find homes first - Posted by cindy (Illinois)

Posted by cindy (Illinois) on August 25, 2003 at 09:44:26:

Im’ new at this real estate investing.Bare with me…
Do I look for homes then contact hard money lenders? Which comes first? Where do I find hard money lenders in my area?And do I have to pay for the property to be appraised for hard money loan or do they do this?

Re: do I look for lender first or find homes first - Posted by Ed Garcia

Posted by Ed Garcia on August 25, 2003 at 11:17:42:

Cindy,

We have an old saying that says, ? find a deal and the money will come?. Cindy there is no question that if you have your funds lined up, it helps you make your offers with more confidence. However, when you?re new, you need to first understand and recognize a deal.

I would like to suggest for you to read the How-To Articles on this site. I wrote an article titled ?Making Money When You Buy?.

Pay particular attention and print an article by Ed Wachsman titled ? A Glossary Of Common Terms Used In Loans And Lending?. This will teach you the language of RE Investing.

If you spend 3 months learning and studying this site, you?ll be more confident in finding deals and making offers, and it?s for free.

Ed Garcia

Re: do I look for lender first or find homes first - Posted by Liliana

Posted by Liliana on September 02, 2003 at 15:09:45:

Hi there,

I looked for the articles that you recommeded to Cindy but could not find “A Glossary Of Terms Used In Loans And Lending” how can I get this?

Thanks!
Liliana