Do I need a Attorney to close deals in NY - Posted by Manny NY

Posted by JoeS on July 08, 2002 at 09:59:44:

I live in upstate NY east of Syracuse.

Do I need a Attorney to close deals in NY - Posted by Manny NY

Posted by Manny NY on July 07, 2002 at 17:24:14:

HI
All

would like to know if a attorney is need to close deals in NY or can I close in NY with a Title Co…

Any Ny investors with experience that can help me out …would appeciate any help.

Thanks in advance

Manny NY

Re: Do I need a Attorney to close deals in NY - Posted by JoeS

Posted by JoeS on July 07, 2002 at 20:30:06:

Either one is ok. Sometimes a lender will specify. I have used the same Title company for the past 8 years and they have closed over 100 deals for me. I will NEVER do it myself to try to save the 100 bucks they charge me!

either - Posted by jeff

Posted by jeff on July 07, 2002 at 20:00:07:

NY gives you the option of closing with an attorney or an escrow company.

but to get technical, you dont NEED either to close a deal. lenders almost always require one or the other, but if you have the knowledge, paperwork and competence to do it yourself, they can both be avoided when lenders arent involved. deals are closed every day without the assistance of either one, but this is done almost exclusively by the pros on the simpler deals like L/O and LC. i personally close without attorneys on these ype of deals unless the seller or buyer (depending on the case) insists on one for their protection, i dont care either way as long as everything is straight up and nop surprises arise.

Here is the typical answer - Posted by Matt PA

Posted by Matt PA on July 07, 2002 at 19:48:10:

Manny,
This comes up alot on the board and I’ll be the one to tell you what you’re gonna hear (well, most times): “If you have to ask that question, you should probably have a lawyer.”

Calling a title company should clear things up quickly. Good Luck -Matt Hegedus

Re: Do I need a Attorney to close deals in NY - Posted by Manny NY

Posted by Manny NY on July 08, 2002 at 09:28:58:

Hey Joe

Thanks for your response… May I ask you this are you from New York and if you are where abouts Joe…

Manny NY