Do-It-Yourself Incorporating vs. Lawyer Assistance - Posted by Brandi_TX

Posted by Brandi_TX on March 25, 1999 at 15:29:20:

Carol and Reif -

Thanks for the advise. Which course are you referring to? Bullet Proof… or the ABC’c…?

-Brandi

Do-It-Yourself Incorporating vs. Lawyer Assistance - Posted by Brandi_TX

Posted by Brandi_TX on March 24, 1999 at 19:26:57:

I visited with 2 attorneys today, in an effort to find one that I can build a long-term relationship with. When asked what the advantages of incorporating through them vs. doing it myself with a kit, they both replied, “No Advantage, either is just as good”. So, I figured I would throw it out here on the board and get your opinions. If I do it myself, is there anything that I may want to be cautious about? Thank you in advance for your responses.

-Brandi_TX

Re: Do-It-Yourself Incorporating vs. Lawyer Assistance - Posted by DanM(OR)

Posted by DanM(OR) on March 25, 1999 at 11:21:53:

Brandi,

My corporation was just born a couple of weeks ago. It was easy using Bill’s course. He goes through it step by step and gives you every form you could possibly want/need. Well worth the money.

Good luck to you!

Dan

Re: Do-It-Yourself Incorporating vs. Lawyer Assistance - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on March 25, 1999 at 07:29:07:

The main advantage I see with having the lawyer do it is someone holding your hand to get everything done. Even if they know how to incorporate will they know what to put in the articles of incorporation so that no one can ever gain control. The kit approach is less expensive but it needs to be from someone like Bronchick or Shawn Casey that is in the business. While you may make a mistatke it can be rectified. Just go do it.

Re: Do-It-Yourself Incorporating vs. Lawyer Assistance - Posted by Reif

Posted by Reif on March 24, 1999 at 22:16:10:

Get Bill Bronchick’s course, it will step you through it.

Reif

Re: Do-It-Yourself Incorporating vs. Lawyer Assistance - Posted by N8

Posted by N8 on March 26, 1999 at 01:58:24:

Hey Dan!

How’s it goin’? How’s the weather in Bend? I’m coming your way this weekend. (Eagle Crest)

Hey- I was wondering which course you got. Was it ABC’s or Bulletproof?

E-mail me, and let me know…stay in touch.

Nate

Re: Do-It-Yourself Incorporating vs. Lawyer Assistance - Posted by Carol

Posted by Carol on March 25, 1999 at 06:41:07:

I agree with Reif. Got the materials yesterday and immediately listened to the tape. It is clear, step by step, complete.

We spend a CHUNK of change last year having someone set up “asset protection” measures for us - the someone is very knowledgeable, no doubt, but we ended up with

1. documents and entities we could not understand
  2. no ‘how to’ use them
  3. and any LOCAL atty we showed them to just shook their head and said this was far too complex and difficult to manage.

I STILL think the strategy was probably pretty good. However, 8 months later, we have yet to use or fund any of the entities, are still ‘exposed’. With Bill’s materials I feel we can take our situation in hand, set it up, implement it, and have the answers when we find a local atty with whom to work.
Frankly, we were hoping to find professionals who could tell us what to do - take some of the responsibilitiy off our shoulders. That didn’t work.
Hope this helps.
Carol