Do you contact "principals only" ads? - Posted by Newbie

Posted by Newbie on February 02, 2001 at 11:43:29:

Nope - not an agent!

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I wasn’t sure if that statement applied to investors as well.

Do you contact “principals only” ads? - Posted by Newbie

Posted by Newbie on February 02, 2001 at 11:14:13:

I am looking through fsbo ads for any potential deals. Many of them say “principals only”. Does anyone call on ads like these, or is it considered rude?

Thanks,

Re: Pay attention. - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on February 03, 2001 at 15:39:28:

Because when you see an ad that says “principals only” of “no agents” or “no realtors” or something like that, the next thing that will appear will be a shiny new sign from the local real estate brokerage firm. Often this happens the same day that the ad hits the paper.

The fact that the seller has taken the time, and spent the extra money to advertise “NO” this or that is a CRY FOR HELP (read a scream). The seller has no buyer, and usually some unseen motivation. They need help RIGHT NOW. They are ready. They do not want to be put on some"list" by some Realatator (mispelling intentional). Of course they don’t want to pay the commission either, but they will give it to you if you will solve the problem that they have (that may have just become urgent).

You can not help them if you do not contact them. It is not rude to offer a business service (in a professional way). Also you can not make any money on the property if you do not contact the seller.

Re:Do you contact - Posted by J-lingle

Posted by J-lingle on February 03, 2001 at 04:03:11:

What i do with FSBO Ad’s is i Look them up on the Internet on FSBO Sites then i send the Sellers a E-mail Saying

WE BUY HOUSES!
We take over payments
No Equity, No Problem
We will buy or lease your house
No commissions/fees
1-800-555-5555
24 hour recorded message

if they E-mail you back or Call you then You “Might” Have a Motivated Seller and you contact them back and get the Info and Numbers then you see if there is a Deal in it…

Hope this Helps Any

Josh Lingle (MA)

Re: Do you contact - Posted by Shenesa

Posted by Shenesa on February 02, 2001 at 11:19:30:

What does “Principals only” ads mean?

Shenesa,NY

Re:What about - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on February 03, 2001 at 15:26:49:

The people who do not have internet access? Does this mean that you will not buy from them? What about the poor guy who is going through a divorce and has his electricity disconnected? Does this mean that he cannot sell to you? What about the motivated seller that has already moved away and is making two house payments, would he be a good prospect?

Re: Do you contact - Posted by Potash

Posted by Potash on February 04, 2001 at 11:13:08:

yea, what do they have against principals? Is it ok for vice-principals to call? How about teachers that are part time or stand in principals? Or custodians? Why do they single out Principals? Seems very Fruedian to me.

Re: Do you contact - Posted by CurtNY

Posted by CurtNY on February 02, 2001 at 11:25:54:

Shenesa,
“Principals Only” means the seller is not interested in listing the house with an agent. They only want to speak to actual buyers. Hope this clears things up for you.

Newbie,
Its up to you, your definately going to speak to some angry people, personally I’d rather speak to more motivated sellers. Best of luck to you

CurtNY

Re: Do you contact - Posted by Matt B

Posted by Matt B on February 02, 2001 at 11:23:21:

No agents! And sure! Why not? Are you an agent?

Re: No agents… - Posted by Ed Copp (OH)

Posted by Ed Copp (OH) on February 03, 2001 at 15:19:45:

Does this mean that if I have ALL CASH (which I do) that they will not sell to me because I am an agent?