Does anybody know any really great credit repair tips? - Posted by PDX

Posted by Nicolas on February 17, 2000 at 21:23:32:

the good old wife----Husband using the computer deal.so we have different names.:slight_smile:

Does anybody know any really great credit repair tips? - Posted by PDX

Posted by PDX on February 17, 2000 at 02:11:42:

I really need my credit improved so any advise would be appreciated.I really look foward to your expert information.
thank you very much

Re: Does anybody know any really great credit repair tips? - Posted by don p

Posted by don p on February 17, 2000 at 22:21:41:

i had a foreclosure in 1995 it’s on my credit report bought a house on land contract in 96. got a 15 year mortgage in 2000. 60%LTV is 4 years to long to get back on the credit list ?

I did it. - Posted by Judy

Posted by Judy on February 17, 2000 at 11:10:05:

I had a problem paying my bills before.

I got a secured credit card from Capital One for $300. I then proceeded to pay my bill in full every month.

I didn’t want any credit cards for a while, so I didn’t apply anywhere else.

After 2 years I have several major lines of credit. Could I have gotten them sooner? I don’t know, but that’s how it worked for me.

Judy

Here’s what I do to “Fix Bad Credit” - Posted by Robert M. Campbell

Posted by Robert M. Campbell on February 17, 2000 at 09:49:56:

As a mortgage broker, I see a lot of bad credit.

Whether it is justified ~ or not ~ is not my business. But bad credit does often stop me from getting them get a loan.

And getting people loans IS my business.

So what do I do?

Until November 1999, I told them I couldn’t help them, told them to “pay your bills”, and removed their name from my data base.

Now, I do something different. I advise them to use a credit repair company (that I joined) that does a great job of improving peoples credit.

Yes, paying your bills is ALWAYS Rule #1. But that advice doesn’t bring me any near-term business.

Good credit, however, does.

You CAN have a better credit rating using this company.
Email me if you want some information.

And one last thing. Paying your bills is a GOOD HABIT. Otherwise, even when your credit is improved, you’ll be back where you started ~ with negative credit items ~ in short order.

Good luck to you.

Robert M. Campbell
Mortgage Broker / San Diego, CA

There’s really no ‘quick fix’… - Posted by SusanL.–FL

Posted by SusanL.–FL on February 17, 2000 at 08:05:00:

However, if creditors DO see you making some sort of an attempt to get back on track (i.e., timely monthly payments, paying off judgments/liens, 80-100 word explanation added to your credit report[s]), it WILL make a difference.

P.S.

…and don’t ‘repeat’ what got you into this predicament in the first place.

Learn from your mistakes.

Re: Does anybody know any really great credit repair tips? - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on February 17, 2000 at 03:11:32:

This might be of interest-

-Chris

Re: Here’s what I do to “Fix Bad Credit” - Posted by Steve-Atl

Posted by Steve-Atl on February 17, 2000 at 10:10:45:

Yes I am interested in learning more about how credit repair companies work. I need to get my tenant/buyers with credit issues cleaned up as soon as possible.

Its clear that paying bills on time is the first step, but what else can be done to raise credit scores?

PAY YOUR BILLS! - Posted by Bucky

Posted by Bucky on February 17, 2000 at 06:17:06:

Yeah!

Wait 7 years. Don’t spend any more money, and most important “PAY YOUR BILLS”
If you would have done this all along you wouldn’t be asking this question.

Remember it took you a long time to mess up the credit and it’s gonna take a while to cure! Chill Chris!

Bucky

Re: Here’s what I do to “Fix Bad Credit” - Posted by Robert M. Campbell

Posted by Robert M. Campbell on February 17, 2000 at 10:33:17:

Steve –

Frankly, I don’t know EXACTLY how the company (ICR Services)improves credit ratings.

But I do know this. They use a proprietary computer search program that identifies credit agency reporting mistakes (ie, they didn’t follow the letter of the law) which forces the bureaus to remove the negative credit item(s).

That’s all I know.

I was skeptical at first . . . but once I saw the results, I joined the company and started using them for my “credit impared” clients.

This credit repair process normally takes about 3-6 months. So if you need a magic wand to give your tenents an IMMEDIATE “quick fix” . . . you will probably be disappointed.

However, if you can factor in 3-6 months of advance planning into your business, I would highly recommend this credit repair service.

What’s the cost? It’s $400 for an individual and $500 for a couple. Plus, it comes with a money-back guarantee.

You also might want to consider this: YOU offer to reimburse your tenents for the cost of this service IF they exercise their lease/option. That’s win-win . . . and that’s why I do it too.

There you have it, Steve.

If you want more information, email me.

Robert M. Campbell
Mortgage Broker / San Diego, CA

Re: Here’s what I do to “Fix Bad Credit” - Posted by Chris

Posted by Chris on February 17, 2000 at 10:20:53:

Steve-

This is kind of interesting about Fair Issac if you want to take a look-

-Chris

Different names - Posted by Jim

Posted by Jim on February 17, 2000 at 10:22:22:

Why do you use the same email address for names under, ‘Nicolas’, ‘PDX,’ etc.