Does anyone give money money for rehab and purchase using notes? - Posted by Angela PA

Posted by Bud Branstetter on May 29, 2000 at 16:23:02:

Angela,

I’m not sure what information you need. John has had some articles on the subject. Total details may be more that what I have time to explain. Basicly I am giving the seller the majority in cash. A portion will be payment only secured against a deed of trust that throws off a cash flow. No personal liability and the ability to substitute another note is also built into the contract. The seller has to have some level of motivation. The first approach is to determine if they will do any owner financing by carrying back a second if you can get them some amount of cash they need. From there it is not a stretch to secure it, or even assign, to a note you have taken back on another property. You have probably heard of the 5 and 10% seconds that aren’t saleable. Since they didn’t cost you cash(deferred profit) it can help the deal when they are hung up on price.

Does anyone give money money for rehab and purchase using notes? - Posted by Angela PA

Posted by Angela PA on May 28, 2000 at 09:39:58:

Is there anyone out there that does rehab and purchase financing using notes I’m in PA?

Yes - Posted by Bud Branstetter

Posted by Bud Branstetter on May 28, 2000 at 16:34:08:

An offer I just recently got accepted utilized some notes. One was a small second I had taken back from a previous rehab. I also secured a participatory loan against another note. No personal liability and no direct mortgage against my real estate. The majority was cash but the substitution of collateral notes gave them their price and locked in my profit(20%) on this rehab.

Re: Yes - Posted by Angela PA

Posted by Angela PA on May 28, 2000 at 16:48:47:

Please explain the mechanics of this type of deal.