Does Oregon require a dealer's license? - Posted by Robin (OR)

Posted by ChetO (NC) on March 21, 2002 at 08:57:49:

In my state, the Secretary of State’s office runs a Business Licence Information Office that helps new businesses determine what the licensing requirements are. Very helpful folks.

Does Oregon require a dealer’s license? - Posted by Robin (OR)

Posted by Robin (OR) on March 19, 2002 at 22:04:26:

I’m just starting to look into this and am wondering if any of you seasoned investors out there are from Oregon? Can you tell me what the licensing requirements are, if any? Seems like Oregon requires a license for just about everything (I grow plants in my backyard to sell at Farmer’s Market and had to buy a nursery license.) At what point does an investor become a dealer? Thanks in advance…

Re: Does Oregon require a dealer’s license? - Posted by lyal

Posted by lyal on March 21, 2002 at 07:51:22:

Robin,
Most states have their statutes on line in a searchable format. You can start here for Oregon http://www.lawsource.com/also/usa.cgi?or
Search for “mobile home dealer license”, “manufactured home dealer license” and any variation you can think of. Keep your printer turned on 'cause you’ll want to print it out and reread it several times to digest it.
You may also want to call the state Attorney General’s office. They may be able to offer guidance.
All the best, Lyal