Does the sheets program really work? - Posted by Heather Hollifield

Posted by Barbara on April 10, 1999 at 15:42:59:

I’ve been told by appraisers that the assessors are about 15% below in Florida.

Does the sheets program really work? - Posted by Heather Hollifield

Posted by Heather Hollifield on March 23, 1999 at 07:42:37:

Someone who has been using this program, please let me know if it really works. I have heard that his techniques are outdated. Is the program easy to get started and is the profitability really there? Someone please help! Thanks so much.

Re: Does the sheets program really work? - Posted by stephen maida

Posted by stephen maida on April 26, 1999 at 17:01:56:

Yes it works, before i even finished the course I bought a fourplex no money down. call me if you want to hear more. stephen 512 496-6661

Re: Does the sheets program really work? - Posted by Pat

Posted by Pat on April 02, 1999 at 24:17:23:

Heather,
If you have questions please write
My wife and I have been doing this for almost 1 year, last year I watched tapes( I bought
3 yrs prev. and set them on a shelf-)
Our lives are a day and nite difference we own 38 now (i think) put in aprox 5 to 8 offers a week
we stand to make aprox $80,000 over the last 4 mo. work and were having the time of our lives
doing it - at first Annette was a bit skeptical but now she loves it …
I tell you this not to brag but to find a direction and GO…

Heather, you have to become a deal finder-- a person who is looking for good deals
trust me when I say there are so many you will NEVER NEVER NEVER run out of great deals
if you found someone who has a bike for sale for say $10. you look at it and say this is worth $100
and you had 5 people on a list at home that would buy it today for $100 . would you buy it today ?
a house is the same thing just change the numbers a little…
IT’S YOUR JOB TO FIND A GREAT DEAL bikes or houses----

GOOD HUNTING PAT

Re: Does the Sheets Program really work? - Posted by Karl Grube

Posted by Karl Grube on March 23, 1999 at 10:31:57:

After you have studied the Carleton Sheets program, pick out one technique that you really like. For instance, You want to buy a DUPLEX and you will pay cash. Make your offer in cash using the local tax assessors value for the duplex. Usually the local tax assessors tax valuation is 20% less than market value especially in older neighborhoods. Add a clause that the duplex is subject to financing satisfactory to the buyer. SUBMIT your offer! If accepted, go to the bank or a private lender and arrange financing. NOW you may have to do this technique 15 times before you acquire your first property, but believe me someone will accept your cash offer. NOTE: Real Estate acquisitions require (1) persistence, (2) persistence, and more (3) persistence! … Karl Grube - Ann Arbor, Michigan

Re: Does the Sheets Program really work? - Posted by Mark (SDCA)

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on March 23, 1999 at 12:07:42:

NOT a good idea. The tax assessor’s value doesn’t necessarily have any realtion to FMV. I own a property where the tax assessor’s value is always at least FMV. I fight him every year to get it reduced. Always get actual market sales data for the property you are interested.
The rest is fine though the financing is glossed over. How will she get 100% financing through a bank? They base the amount they will loan on the sales price for purchases.

Cheers,

Mark

Re: Does the Sheets Program really work? - Posted by Karl Grube

Posted by Karl Grube on March 23, 1999 at 16:50:38:

IN MICHIGAN, assessors are required by law to place all properties on the tax rolls at 50% of their true cash value. All sales of properties must immediately be listed with the local tax assessor. thus, local assessments are an accurate gauge of true cash value. MICHIGAN does not use fair market value, replacement value, or real estate appraisals. Thus, a cash offer that represents 80% and is accepted by the seller will get conventional financing. Offers of 90% of true cash value readily attract investors, both indviduals and limited partnerships. And cheers to you! (kwg)

Re: Does the Sheets Program really work? - Posted by William Cummins

Posted by William Cummins on March 25, 1999 at 13:47:54:

Do you think the tax appraisal method is valid in Texas?

Good to know… - Posted by Mark (SDCA)

Posted by Mark (SDCA) on March 24, 1999 at 10:16:33:

This is good info for Michigan people. Assessed value doesn’t help much in my markets (CA, AZ, NV). Thanks,
Mark

Texas??? … Australia - YES - Posted by Karl Grube

Posted by Karl Grube on May 02, 1999 at 18:30:32:

I would have to examine the Texas system of taxation to make a qualified response. In Australia, all properties, are assessed for taxation by the owner. The catch is that the Commonmwealth Government has the right to buy your property at the assessed value you have placed on the assessment card. Appraisal value definitely works in Australia!