Does this get into your blood? Are you obsessed? - Posted by Lindsay

Posted by Terry (Houston) on July 18, 2002 at 11:05:38:

Allow this to be a business write off… :wink:

I find my self doing the same thing, darn it…

Terry (Houston)

Does this get into your blood? Are you obsessed? - Posted by Lindsay

Posted by Lindsay on July 17, 2002 at 23:33:51:

Just wondering – Does this get into your blood?

Do you become obsessed?

Is it like a big game to you?

Know what I mean?

Not necessarily where you live and breathe REI or think about it every waking minute or let it take over your life.

More like getting a great big kick out of it, getting excited, feeling like it’s challenging and fun to see a deal from start to finish?

Going to a job every day, a job that you can’t stand, a job that doesn’t make you rich but makes someone else rich. Compare it to that. Of course almost anything would be better than that.

I’m just now starting to study this and it seems like you could easily get carried away! And that’s a good thing. I think if one enjoys their work it makes all the difference in the world. They are happier, more productive, and their positive outlook flows over into other aspects of their lives as well.

Does this get into your blood? Are you obsessed? - Posted by BaldRepublican

Posted by BaldRepublican on July 19, 2002 at 24:10:20:

I was getting a hearing test from a nurse at work just yesterday and while sitting in the sound proof booth my cell phone rang and of course I had to take the call because not doing so might cost me money, which of course made the test a waste. Well the nurse was good natured about it and when she found out why I took the call she of course had to ask me how to save her mothers land contract deal that was going south because he would not make the payments in a timely manner.

I have already researched the property and contract and am working on taking over that guys deal. (It’s a steal)

If it doesn’t you should find something else. NT - Posted by GL(ON)

Posted by GL(ON) on July 18, 2002 at 17:22:58:

OK

Re: Does this get into your blood? - Posted by Rob FL

Posted by Rob FL on July 18, 2002 at 08:42:36:

A few months ago, I took the family on vacation to the Fort Meyers area. I spent about 15 minutes on the cell phone negotiating a lease option sale while riding on a tour boat cruising through the intercoastal waterway. The kids are watching the dolphins, and I’m trying to get as much option consideration as I can. A week later I did walk away with 4K in my pocket, so I guess it was worth it.

I don’t know if it courses through my veins, but it definitely is a part of what I do every day much of the time.

Recently, while on vacation… - Posted by JT-IN

Posted by JT-IN on July 18, 2002 at 08:23:53:

and my wife was admonishing me for being on the phone, (working out a deal long distance), she said to me: “Why didn’t you just stay home and work”? (mad and sarcasticly at the same time, like only your spouose can do).

I replied… “Did I have a choice”? You see, even though we were in a much coveted, beautiful vacation spot, I would have much rather been home working in RE investing. To me, working in RE investing = fun, exhillerating, thrilling, and financially and personally satisfying.

Hope the wife doesn’t want to go on another vacation for a good long while…

JT-IN

Re: I only do REI on days that end with Y - Posted by Dan-Fl

Posted by Dan-Fl on July 18, 2002 at 06:21:20:

I went way past obsessed a few years ago.

Naah… - Posted by Ben (NJ)

Posted by Ben (NJ) on July 18, 2002 at 01:28:53:

isn’t this what everyone does at 2:19AM? LOL

Re: Recently, while on vacation… - Posted by Mark-WV

Posted by Mark-WV on July 18, 2002 at 17:21:03:

I know what you mean JT , while on a cruise (wife laughed before leaving “he can’t look at houses in the ocean”) We put in at Jamaica and I started looking at a house on the beach , got to talking to a couple and found they had a house at the beach in SC, going this weekend to sign the paperwork on it!!

My wife knows… - Posted by Ben (NJ)

Posted by Ben (NJ) on July 18, 2002 at 12:10:45:

wherever we go on vacation there must be a Kinko’s close by so I have access to fax machines and computers. I’ve spent many a vacation putting out fires at Kinko’s and then heading for the beach.

JT My Sentiments Exactly… - Posted by phil fernandez

Posted by phil fernandez on July 18, 2002 at 11:42:19:

… I tried to retire from this fun twice and just can’t. It’s in the blood and I do the same when I 'm on vacation. This stuff is just too darn fun.

A friend Al who goes to the conventions with me said the other day that he plans on doing deals until the day he dies.