Does This Sound Like It Would Actually Work? - Posted by Dr. Faustus

Posted by Jason G (TN) on May 12, 1999 at 20:03:30:

Yes, I bought one of these how to manuals to do this. The fact that the people are due a refund is true and many have been due this refund for 10 years or more. The govt. set up the tracer program because it had so many refunds to give but did not want to spend the money to track these people down. You as the tracer get your fee from the people who are due the refund thus saving the govt lots of money. Many of the people I contacted either thought it was a scam and did not believe they were owed money and the rest just contacted the govt themselves and found out how easy it is to get the money themselves for free. You can go to hud.gov and them to their search index and type in tracer program for threads on the subject. the majority of the complaints are about the co. selling these how to courses and the abuse by tracers charging exhorbitant fees to people who did not know better. It turns out to be lots of work for little or no payoff.
Good luck

Does This Sound Like It Would Actually Work? - Posted by Dr. Faustus

Posted by Dr. Faustus on May 12, 1999 at 19:30:32:

I saw an ad in the paper that said “earn up to $1000-$5000 weekly. no experience necessary.” I called the number and this lady told me that the idea is: When people get FHA loans, they pay some money for insurance, and when they finish paying, they’re supposed to get money back for that insurance. However, many people forget about that insurance money and so I would learn to help these people get back their money back and I would somehow earn $1000-$5000 per week in the process. The catch of course, is that I have to pay $49.95 to learn how to do this.

Is this something that would actually work? Are there people here who have done stuff like this or know people who have? Or does this sound like a total scam? I’d like to hear what other people think about this.