double closing advise - Posted by john shine

Posted by Bill Scott on October 27, 2000 at 03:54:37:

It depends on where you live! As Dew pointed out, Co. and I know Cal. have title companies where you can go in and get what is basically an abstracted title. Other states, such as Ohio where I now live, don’t seem to have heard of such a thing. What you find instead is a ‘title opinion’—costs about $75.00 and is a cursory search to ferret out anything obviously wrong with the title such as IRS liens, Quiet Title actions…etc.

Good Luck!

double closing advise - Posted by john shine

Posted by john shine on October 26, 2000 at 14:55:25:

hi all,
before a double closing,how can i satisfy my buyer that the title is clean(no liens) without using the title company search at $750 and revealing my original purchase contract. thanks john

Re: double closing advise - Posted by dewCO

Posted by dewCO on October 26, 2000 at 22:16:52:

You need to get some kind of preliminary info from the title company. If they don’t know you, and you don’t have a track record to prove you are an investory, then I’m not sure how to go about this. Do you have a realtor friend who can call in and get what we call here in CO a “verbal O&E” (owner & encumbrance check). The title companies here do that free for realtors all day long. Good luck!