Duct Cleaning questions - Posted by Joe

Posted by Travis (Dallas) on May 23, 2002 at 14:33:23:

In our area we find a very wide range of services.

The carpet cleaners/duct cleaners charge a small amount and usually have a portable cleaner that can only reach a part of the ducts. They are not usually licensed to clean the air conditioning/heating equipment (evaporator coil, blower section, etc.) They charge $9-$15 per vent and it might take them about one hour.
The best Indoor Air Quality companies are licensed as mechanical contractors that can clean the air conditioning/heating equipment and use large truck or trailer mounted high velocity vacuums. They use a full source removal process and are NADCA (National Air Duct Cleaning Assoc.) certified and follow EPA rules. They might charge $35-$50 per vent plus a fee to clean the air handler and it may take them all day to do the job.
You can also check www.EPA.gov for what you might want to do.
Good luck.
Travis

Duct Cleaning questions - Posted by Joe

Posted by Joe on May 23, 2002 at 13:46:55:

I have searched the archives for “duct/ cleaning” but didn’t find much helpful info. After calling around it appears that the average price for duct cleaning in the Maryland area
for a 14 vent + dryer vent is in the $250 ~ $500 range.

The guy who charges $500 says he uses brush / snake
and also does conventional vacuuming from the basement furnace. He also stated “if you find a cleaner who does not clean it using the brush, you’re just wasting your money”.
Is this true?

I’m thinking of going with USA Air Duct cleaning which charges only $200ish. Is this too cheap?

$550 is a good deal according to me for the whole cleaning work, duct cleaners have charged fair for their service.

Experience the distinctive excellence of Silver Olas through our exceptional carpet cleaning services. We take pride in setting a higher standard when it comes to rejuvenating and maintaining your carpets. Explore the Silver Olas difference through our exceptional carpet cleaning services at https://silverolas.com/ and elevate the cleanliness and comfort of your living spaces Our team of highly trained technicians combines expertise with cutting-edge technology to deliver results that surpass expectations. Whether you’re dealing with stubborn stains, deep-seated dirt, or routine maintenance, we tailor our services to your unique needs. What sets us apart is our unwavering commitment to excellence and customer satisfaction. We use eco-friendly cleaning solutions to ensure a deep and thorough clean without compromising the safety of your living environment. Discover the Silver Olas difference and enjoy carpets that look, feel, and smell revitalized. Experience a higher level of cleanliness and comfort by choosing our exceptional carpet cleaning services.

Plumber here, helped out a view HVAC guys and we did use a brush to clean the filters of a duct on a roof.

Hey, what are the facts to consider any AC Repair in Oahu service?

I’m in contact with Steve’s Plumbing and wants to know few points before hiring.